New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

qp3bsW8.jpg

Didn’t say I was drinking it, did I ? Just that I got scalded with it.
I’m quite capable of “going 90 minutes without stuffing my face”, you condescending sack of shit.
Lol ok. My point was not aimed at you individually. It was a general point about people eating at the games.
Are you too stupid to see that? (That's being condescending)

I only got to WHL about 5 times in my Spurs-supporting time, but knowing that parts of that old stadium is in that floor there, even makes my balls tingle a little.

Personally, due to a current medical condition if I'm away from home for several hours I'd have to take various stuff. Ironically, when this started I bought a Spurs branded bag for such outings, and now it seems it wouldn't meet their criteria.

When the new stadium opens I'll go there no matter what, however if I have to apply for some exemption in advance it will dull what should otherwise be a beautiful experience.

No idea if any truth to this.

He ('Stac') has changed his tune in the last week or so - he was saying it's 'impossible' to have a test event until January a week ago. (NB. His post on Nov 25th '

Hello mate, I have just posted again with a bit more detail. Ground will open in Jan for test events, with fire marshals in place. Tyco not a happy bunch they are being blamed but using temp agencies to install safety critical fire systems '

I posted those opinions earlier in this thread - and said IMO a test event before Christmas was perfectly possible provided a minimum of 2 weeks notice was given - so if its 16th, notice will probably be given on Friday or weekend.

Incidentally for the first test event there will probably only be say 25,000 - so with that number although Spurs will be giving notice to police, TFL for transport, Haringey for things like road closures etc, its probably not essential for them to do too much. Unlike for the 2bd test event when the numbers are probably going to need to be 50,000 or so which will require the whole caboodle of extra trains and buses, road closures etc.

And if the first test event is 16 th,the 2nd Test event would likely either be between Christmas and New year or early January - but because it requires much more from external bodies such as TFL, Haringey, police etc, I's expect an announcement either at the same time as the first test event or early December.

Good news anyway, and it will mean Spurs are now confident that the 'critical safety systems' problems are now under control

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom