New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paxton1.jpg

spurs-stadium-3.jpg

:levywhoa:
Opposite ends

Some over on SSC have a theory that SAP might be our stadium sponsor.

1200px-SAP_2011_logo.svg.png

Is there logo and conveniently the same shape as the screen on the veil of our stadium.

They've also partnered with HP before as well as launched SAP Sports which is a major sponsorship in global sports with the likes of Hoffenheim and Man City being involved.

There is already a SAP Center in San Jose though which hosts NHL games for the San Jose Sharks.

Doubt it. They’re not going to include an integral part of the design simply to incorporate a bit of branding that might last for a year or two.

Doubt it. They’re not going to include an integral part of the design simply to incorporate a bit of branding that might last for a year or two.

My understanding of our stadium is that the design can be changed. We can change the veil if we wanted to which would include removing sections near the screen and adding a few more screen to make it a complete rectangle etc.

Future-proof.

My understanding of our stadium is that the design can be changed. We can change the veil if we wanted to which would include removing sections near the screen and adding a few more screen to make it a complete rectangle etc.

Future-proof.

Still not convinced.

You could argue that the shape fits a Nike tick too, but I think it’s just pure speculation at this point.

Future-proof.
Isn't the part that cuts off the corner of the screen the stairway to the skywalk?

Due to Woolwich fans likely to smash the toilets up etc is it likely they would make the Woolwich game the first back at WHL?? Start of March.

After all the time spent to get it right would they want to fix everything straight away? Or is it likely Palace fans would do the same - they are the following game? Guess West Ham will do it in April anyway .......

Do the club just allow for having to do this a few times a season. Just the nature of local derbies that fans engage in a bit of mindless vandalism???

Due to run a half marathon the weekend of the 17th March and I’ve got a bad feeling that will end up being the weekend of the first game there....... Woolwich just seems a bit too high profile. Policing new entry points etc.

Due to Woolwich fans likely to smash the toilets up etc is it likely they would make the Woolwich game the first back at WHL?? Start of March.

After all the time spent to get it right would they want to fix everything straight away? Or is it likely Palace fans would do the same - they are the following game? Guess West Ham will do it in April anyway .......

Do the club just allow for having to do this a few times a season. Just the nature of local derbies that fans engage in a bit of mindless vandalism???

Due to run a half marathon the weekend of the 17th March and I’ve got a bad feeling that will end up being the weekend of the first game there....... Woolwich just seems a bit too high profile. Policing new entry points etc.
don't the scum charge spurs for the repair of the toilets after every game?
and their excuse to give us lower allocation in the EPL?

Yes, Martin Bell is/was someone with an agenda.

I notice neither he or the Guardian doesn't make any comment about Spurs bringing an extra 26,000 people (and their spend) every match into the area - largest employer and generator of wealth in Tottenham.

And that street cleaning is the responsibility of the local council.
As if Spurs won’t be cleaning the footprint of the stadium themselves.
Fly tipping clean ups in Love lane etc should not be paid for Spurs, that is the councils responsibility.
Every council suffers this.
Haringey has been poorly run for decades. It’s own council has overseen the demise of the area.
I live in an area that was just as run down yet the council. Which is also one of the poorest, oversaw facelifts etc when the area became fashionable.
A bit late, yes, but it seems Haringey just want to prolong the suffering of the residents.
They can learn from others mistakes and make sure they get the balance of social housing and private.
As for the article Haringey also claimed to have balloted the love lane residents ( which they are doing now) when they didn’t.
The residents were confused by the claim as they were never consulted by the council, and if I remember right it was Spurs who helped them with this.
Maybe I’m wrong, someone may know?
Martin Ball is probably Harry Hotspur

don't the scum charge spurs for the repair of the toilets after every game?
and their excuse to give us lower allocation in the EPL?
Well it’s going to cost any club who’s fans smash up these bogs a small fortune every season
The hand dryers are around £700 a pop not a couple of hundred max as in the Library bogs
The trough sinks are probably £500-700 a pop too, not as cheap as the wall basins they have.
:levyeyes:
:levylol:

Maybe we have not splashed out (ooh a pun) on the away bogs as much. Don’t know as I haven’t seen them.

Why is March being mentioned as the time when the first game will be played. Has late Jan and the whole of February been ruled out?

This delay is just getting tiresome now

Why is March being mentioned as the time when the first game will be played. Has late Jan and the whole of February been ruled out?

This delay is just getting tiresome now

Our home games in Feb are quite early on. None in the second half of the month apart from CL. Actually that’s on the 13th. Just checked.

Just aware that test events need to be scheduled etc.
So March to me seems most likely if they are announcing 07th January for the test events and they want to give themselves time to sort any potential issues the events highlight.

But I have no idea - just speculating.

As much as I can’t wait to move in, I honestly think if it gets delayed even more, we should just put it back until next season. We can have the whole excitement of starting a fresh new season in our new stadium. The thought of opening it up right at the end of the season with only a few games just seems so pointless. It’s not like we find it hard to win at Wembley, so it really wouldn’t affect us. I’m just sick to death of the constant delays.

As much as I can’t wait to move in, I honestly think if it gets delayed even more, we should just put it back until next season. We can have the whole excitement of starting a fresh new season in our new stadium. The thought of opening it up right at the end of the season with only a few games just seems so pointless. It’s not like we find it hard to win at Wembley, so it really wouldn’t affect us. I’m just sick to death of the constant delays.
Send Levy a horses head

I see what you’re saying but I do think the sooner we get in the better, even if that’s just on a financial level. If we bed ourselves in at a time where the atmosphere will be electric because of a title chase I think it will add so much uniqueness to its history at a very early stage. Hone advantage there will be better than at Wembley so I say get in and get it done regardless of any hiccups it could bring to the second half of the season.

Away from the footballing side of things this should be the only thing that matters at the moment. I’d love to see us get back to N17 as soon as is physically possible

Back
Top Bottom