New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have no doubt that stadium income will exceed the loan repayments (otherwise the stadium is unlikely to have ever been built), its just a question of by how much.

The writer has made a number of assumptions on the basis of a lack of data which could be unduly pessimistic such as on interest rates :
1) The debt was taken out to build the stadium, once the stadium has a safety certificate and starts to earn money, it is seen as far lower 'risk' debt and consequently interest rates for an asset which is income producing is lower than when the asset is still being constructed.
2) If Spurs get a big naming rights deal (lets say £20m pa for 20 years for the sake of argument) then the bank will take security over that, and with that extra security of a 'blue chip' company contractually obliged to pay Spurs say £20m pa again the lender will perceive it as a far lower risk debt and hence the interest rate will be lowered.

So it maybe that Spurs annual debt repayments will be closer to £40m pa than £50m calculated in this article.

And the £100m extra matchday income may be a pessimistic assumption, both because Spurs corporates will be paying more that Woolwich, so matchday income will be higher at NWHL, whilst in addition the new stadium is likely to attract a lot more sponsorship income than we ever got at WHL as well as additional event income (eg rugby union match).

We'll see Spurs accounts for year ended 30 June 2018 in about a weeks time which may give some clues, but I think we probably need to see the current year (year ended 30 June 2019) and even year ended 30 June 2020 (to see a full year's income at NWHL) which won't be available until March 2021 (!) before getting a fairly complete picture.

I am disgusted that there were children drinking at all,let alone 3 pints!

I was just about to commend their drinking prowess tbh...

Imagine if their parent/guardian(s) don't drink.... It could equate to anything up to 9 scoops!

Formidable at any age. :pochsmirk:

We don’t win trophies but we’re still everyone’s obsession.
Still a famous old club, still class, still proper, still paying for it all on our own, still progressing.

Some fans want to win the PL title simply because Spurs haven’t. Says it all.

We don’t win trophies but we’re still everyone’s obsession.
Still a famous old club, still class, still proper, still paying for it all on our own, still progressing.

Some fans want to win the PL title simply because Spurs haven’t. Says it all.

Sammy mate I couldn't agree more. The best thing is how we are about to evolve as a football club, this new stadium actually gets us on a level we haven't seen Spurs before. As Poch said yesterday once the team feel like its home it's a game changer.

Anyone else buzzing like I am that we get to experience a new era for the club on and off the field? How anyone can say the club are run by the wrong people because e don't dip into their own money recklessly to fund the club I'll never understand.

I'm not sure if it's the best stadium in the world like many are suggesting but it's in the top 5-6 now I'd say with how close everything is to the pitch and how unique it feels. 9 days until we see the place in all of its glory and as you said we still ain't close to where we want to be yet we are probably the most sung about team when it comes to the opposition not liking us. Still class, still proper even through the dark times. The test day couldn't have gone better, sold out some food and drink products, first goal scored, first goals scored at either end of the pitch, 3 different scorers, sun was out and Poch seemed happy. Magic and we'll only get better and stronger once we are settled in the new place.

Sammy mate I couldn't agree more. The best thing is how we are about to evolve as a football club, this new stadium actually gets us on a level we haven't seen Spurs before. As Poch said yesterday once the team feel like its home it's a game changer.

Anyone else buzzing like I am that we get to experience a new era for the club on and off the field? How anyone can say the club are run by the wrong people because e don't dip into their own money recklessly to fund the club I'll never understand.

I'm not sure if it's the best stadium in the world like many are suggesting but it's in the top 5-6 now I'd say with how close everything is to the pitch and how unique it feels. 9 days until we see the place in all of its glory and as you said we still ain't close to where we want to be yet we are probably the most sung about team when it comes to the opposition not liking us. Still class, still proper even through the dark times. The test day couldn't have gone better, sold out some food and drink products, first goal scored, first goals scored at either end of the pitch, 3 different scorers, sun was out and Poch seemed happy. Magic and we'll only get better and stronger once we are settled in the new place.

Same fucking idiots slagging us off now we’re slagging is off in 2005 and 1997......Spurs are shit and never win anything. What could we possibly be so proud of? How can we still fill our ground?

All these clubs taking the piss, West Ham, Chelsea, Scum would have been playing in front of 15,000 in our position back then.
Leicester don’t sing about winning the title now, they sing about us not winning it.

Tin pot wank...futures Lilywhite

Back
Top Bottom