New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe that was the intention all along. It is fantastic brand advertising.
Not sure about that as we paid and sent out samples to companies with the company name printed on top of the stadium.
Still think it will have a sponsor as every stadium seem to these days.

Not sure about that as we paid and sent out samples to companies with the company name printed on top of the stadium.
Still think it will have a sponsor as every stadium seem to these days.

Flip side is the longer we go without a sponsor and still do ok financially I think the more it’s going to cost someone.

We clearly don’t need the money or a deal would have been done by now.

So in the meantime we get all the branding.

I'm sure someone has made this point already re. naming rights - but is it worth the club keeping it as the Tottenham Hotspur stadium? Must boost the profile/brand of the club getting name dropped to millions of people who watch big fights, NFL etc.
I've mentioned it a few times when I've seen people moaning about the lack of a naming rights deal.

Perhaps Levy doesn't think we need one (yet), and that leaving it called The Tottenham Hotspur stadium does more for 'the brand'.

I've mentioned it a few times when I've seen people moaning about the lack of a naming rights deal.

Perhaps Levy doesn't think we need one (yet), and that leaving it called The Tottenham Hotspur stadium does more for 'the brand'.
There must be a target price whereby it becomes compelling to sell naming rights. Agree tho, must be some marketing upside to it being self branded but not at any cost. City sold their rights for £400M, surely we would sell at that price

If he was 'desperate', it would be done already.
Why would it? Of course he is desperate for naming rights No one is willing to pay what he wants - naming rights was a big issue and main selling point from day one of the project that naming rights would generate additional income hence why we are not supposed to call the stadium the lane or white hart lane -
And another reason he is desperate for a naming rights deal is that the longer it takes to get one the harder it gets and the value of any deal falls as well as it gets known as the Tottenham Hotspur fc stadium (which is fine by me).

Why would it? Of course he is desperate for naming rights No one is willing to pay what he wants - naming rights was a big issue and main selling point from day one of the project that naming rights would generate additional income hence why we are not supposed to call the stadium the lane or white hart lane -
And another reason he is desperate for a naming rights deal is that the longer it takes to get one the harder it gets and the value of any deal falls as well as it gets known as the Tottenham Hotspur fc stadium (which is fine by me).
You really don't get it?? Wow, ok.

Obviously you don’t get it - naming rights was supposed to be a big deal game changer - from day one of the planning process all images of the stadium were branded as having “naming rights” the club have even spent money hiring consultants to get naming rights but still no takers.
Take the 'L' and move on.

If I was Levy I would be waiting until next year for the naming rights to be sorted.
I genuinely believe something extraordinary will happen under Conte this season and I think Danny boy may feel the same.

Obviously you don’t get it - naming rights was supposed to be a big deal game changer - from day one of the planning process all images of the stadium were branded as having “naming rights” the club have even spent money hiring consultants to get naming rights but still no takers.

Nope, not what’s happened or is happening. At all.

You’ve had a mare here

Nope, not what’s happened or is happening. At all.

You’ve had a mare here
You think so ?
Can’t believe people are rewriting history - I’m dead against naming rights cos it will always be whl to me and every mention of naming rights (of which there have been so very many ) if not a dagger through my heart did sadden me - hence my sensitivity to the matter - undeniable facts are that the club employed someone to gain naming rights (sorry can’t be arsed to find a link) and the reason levy is so keen to get naming rights is because the longer it is known as the Tottenham Hotspur stadium the harder it gets to rebrand it. Don’t want to bore any one any more so I’ll take my L and bid you all good night

You think so ?
Can’t believe people are rewriting history - I’m dead against naming rights cos it will always be whl to me and every mention of naming rights (of which there have been so very many ) if not a dagger through my heart did sadden me - hence my sensitivity to the matter - undeniable facts are that the club employed someone to gain naming rights (sorry can’t be arsed to find a link) and the reason levy is so keen to get naming rights is because the longer it is known as the Tottenham Hotspur stadium the harder it gets to rebrand it. Don’t want to bore any one any more so I’ll take my L and bid you all good night

However, daniel obviously has a figure in mind that he feels is worth more than calling it The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, and that figure hasn't been offered by anyone (at least that has the right profile).

Basically I think the difference of opinion is based on how "desperate" Levy is to secure a deal. I'm pretty sure he would have had offers but just not the right one yet.

Interesting take on it all straight from the man who matters and knows more than us lot.

NFTs anyone??

"Five, ten years ago, no one knew what daily fantasy was. And now DraftKings and FanDuel are part of the overall nomenclature of sports."

Come again Mr. Kline.

:bergwijnconfused:

If I was Levy I would be waiting until next year for the naming rights to be sorted.
I genuinely believe something extraordinary will happen under Conte this season and I think Danny boy may feel the same.
A number of things scuppered a deal. World economy/covid, and don’t forget the super league. I expect the plan was to join that and a big deal would have then been done. A big sponsor would have been all over that at the start. But it got killed so that was that. Now if wecan rise back to the top a big deal may then happen.

Tottenham’s Challenge Cup final shows rugby league there is life outside Wembley

5568.jpg

The Challenge Cup final’s temporary move to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday was a major success.

Back
Top Bottom