New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: The Champions League Lounge - I would say it's pretty certain that if the Stadium is delivered as per the plans then it will host a Champions League Final within the next decade.
Does anyone know what size the new pitch will be? Our current pitch is 100m long, 67m wide. To host a UEFA final it has to be 105 m long, 68 m wide. I'm sure I've heard (might have been from a WHL tour guide, although he didn't seem to know too much about the new stadium project) that the plan is for it to be the same size as the current WHL pitch. That'd be a wasted opportunity, if so.

The most important part hasn't really been answered; is it okay, upon first entering the stadium, to have a hand shandy (probably best to do it in the luxury toilets)?

You really need to look up the meaning of that word!
Yeah and you should get your sarcasm radar fixed...
YOU_DONT_SAY.png

It didn't have a winky smiley on it... how was I to know you weren't secretly harbouring a rampaging boner at the sight of some architectural artwork?! ;):(

Does anyone know what size the new pitch will be? Our current pitch is 100m long, 67m wide. To host a UEFA final it has to be 105 m long, 68 m wide. I'm sure I've heard (might have been from a WHL tour guide, although he didn't seem to know too much about the new stadium project) that the plan is for it to be the same size as the current WHL pitch. That'd be a wasted opportunity, if so.
Hi ASR,
105m x 68m it will be....
AttachmentShowServlet
http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=748453

YOU_DONT_SAY.png

It didn't have a winky smiley on it... how was I to know you weren't secretly harbouring a rampaging boner at the sight of some architectural artwork?! ;):(
You should see the forum on skyscrapercity.com, there's a guy getting very excited by a close up view of a crane and a piling machine on the cctv camera feeds, another has named the concrete silos Dier and Alli because they are sited about where the new halfway line should be...

Some exciting news...

Hidden away in the supporting documents was this...
nylmHLU.jpg

This suggests we could be away from the Lane for two seasons...the existing stadium being demolished January-June 2017 but the new stadium not being finished for another year...

nylmHLU.jpg

This suggests we could be away from the Lane for two seasons...the existing stadium being demolished January-June 2017 but the new stadium not being finished for another year...
Fuck me, that would be the middle of next season. I've already got a London trip halfway planned for spring 2017 in hopes of getting a game in at WHL before it's gone. I hope this isn't the case.

nylmHLU.jpg

"7 Day working week". LOL.

Stick another few months on those durations.

TottenhamAberdeen TottenhamAberdeen

This would suggest yes. From the OS

"An inclusive experience for all – with superb facilities for supporters with disabilities and their companions and a range of viewing positions in every part of the ground. It will be the only stadium to allow for flexibility of seating which means that disabled fans can be seated with their families for certain matches".

TottenhamAberdeen, this would suggest that there should be good access.

7.4.7 EASY ACCESS / AMENITY SEATING Seating for ambulant disabled spectators or people requiring ease of access will be in excess of the 253 seats recommended by ‘Accessible Stadia’. Provision will be up to1% of the overall capacity (615 positions). These seats will be located in areas with easy access from the concourses and have good access via lifts. Twenty dedicated positions for spectators will be located to the rear of the commentary area in the upper west stand with additional legroom for guide dogs to be accommodated. Other blind or partially - sighted spectators will be accommodated throughout the stadium with commentary via the Wi-Fi system.

Back
Top Bottom