New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think how many fans defected to AFC Wimbledon. Of the StadiumMK (as it's meant to be styled for some pompous reason)

Lots of things in MK are similarly titled, such as TheCentre:MK also known as CMK, and MK:Hub...christ, even the train station is called Milton Keynes Central....despite there being no other station in Milton Keynes either North, South, East or West. MK certainly is an ostentatious little town.

...their average attendance last season was 8,612. I don't think that's anything to do with the league, it's like being a new club all over again.

A lot is also to do with the fact that MK is only a little over 40 years old, subsequently most people who live here came from elsewhere and as such have footballing loyalties from where they grew up, such as myself. As we start to get generations of people actually born and raised in Milton Keynes, I'd assume we will more people with an affinity for their local club....except for my kids who will be Spurs or homeless.

Lots of things in MK are similarly titled, such as TheCentre:MK also known as CMK, and MK:Hub...christ, even the train station is called Milton Keynes Central....despite there being no other station in Milton Keynes either North, South, East or West. MK certainly is an ostentatious little town.

A lot is also to do with the fact that MK is only a little over 40 years old, subsequently most people who live here came from elsewhere and as such have footballing loyalties from where they grew up, such as myself. As we start to get generations of people actually born and raised in Milton Keynes, I'd assume we will more people with an affinity for their local club....except for my kids who will be Spurs or homeless.

You not think that the name also has something to do with it? MK Dons...... the next generation will think it's a discount clothing store, not a football team

[QUOE="Mrs Perryman, post: 522242, member: 2779"]I think the new stadium is going to be like the Basilica Sacreda Familia in Barcelona - they have been building that since 1882 (coincidence?) and its still not finished!!![/QUOTE]

"And if you know your history"

4211.jpg

You not think that the name also has something to do with it? MK Dons...... the next generation will think it's a discount clothing store, not a football team

Local youth will understand the 'MK colon' thing and presumably some will know to associate 'Dons' with football...even if they'll probably never know why. Though the lesser minded folk may end up being confused by the retail park that has sprung up around the stadium.

[QUOE="Mrs Perryman, post: 522242, member: 2779"]I think the new stadium is going to be like the Basilica Sacreda Familia in Barcelona - they have been building that since 1882 (coincidence?) and its still not finished!!!

4211.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Two things from that pic, they love the number "33" and they were absolutely shit at Sudoku.

4211.jpg

Two things from that pic, they love the number "33"and they were absolutely shit at Sudoku.[/QUOTE]

Its actually the judas kiss from the statues based on the stations of the cross. The one where st peter cries as he hears the cock cry Is brillant. Saving that for when we finnaly if ever finish above the scum. Peter=wenger

sagrada-familia-denial1.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll always love Spurs, says fan blocking new Tottenham stadium

tottenham-stadium-plans.jpg

Plans: Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy said the new stadium was key to regenerating the area
fb-share-btn.png

tw-tweet-btn.png

gplus-share-btn.png

email-btn.png

DAVID CHURCHILL
Published: 07 April 2014

Updated: 11:08, 07 April 2014

A Tottenham Hotspur fan today told of his heartache at being the last barrier to his club’s planned £100 million new stadium.

Josif Josif, 46, runs Archway Sheet Metal Works next to White Hart Lane on the final piece of land needed to expand the stadium.

Spurs have been trying to buy the 25,000 sq ft site in Paxton Road for more than 10 years.

Mr Josif, who owns the firm with his four brothers and sister, began going to games when he was 12.

Their firm has appealed against a public inquiry’s finding in April last year that Haringey council should issue a compulsory purchase order on behalf of the club. The decision now lies with the Department for Communities and Local Government, which was due to rule in October.

Mr Josif is demanding a better deal involving a land-swap so that the business, which supplies kitchen equipment, can continue to grow.

He said: “It’s really difficult. I’ve always been a Tottenham fan and so are two of my brothers. We used to have a box there and I remember going to watch in the days Osvaldo Ardiles was a player.”

Asked about the attempt to force his firm to relocate, he said: “The club has been going for a long time and it doesn’t change my love for the club. But the ownership is different and so you find yourself having to distinguish between the two.”

His legal team are threatening to take the DCLG to the High Court and even the Supreme Court if it rules in Tottenham’s favour.

Club chairman Daniel Levy said the new stadium was key to regenerating the area.

A DCLG spokesman said: “We have not made a decision yet.”

This is a quote from 'JimB' on SkyScraperCity who is in turn quoting:
"billy white is back on coys, those with better memory than me can probably point out what he got right in the past (sponsors or kit maker or something?), anyway he said:
Good things come to those who wait. Big, big things could be around the corner.
Levy is working to pull off something spectacular and it's really starting to look like it might happen. Stay tuned."

Back
Top Bottom