Newcastle (A) 11 August

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting challenge to figure out a team

These were the injuries before the last match in US v AC Milan :

CB : Foyth
DM/CM : Wanyama, Sissoko, Oakley-Boothe,
AM : Lamela
Striker : Sterling

These are the players who went to semi-finals in WC and have had a minimal pre-season :
Lloris, Rose, Trippier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dier, Dembele, Dele, Kane

So the First Team Squad players who have had some sort of pre-season (and likely to form the core of the squad v Newcastle) are :

GK : Vorm, Gazzaniga
CB: Sanchez, Carter-Vickers
FB : Aurier, Walker-Peters, Davies
CM/DM : Winks (but is he fit)
AM : Eriksen, Lucas, Son, N'Koudou (but doubtful if in the 25 man squad ?)
Striker : Llorente

Then there are the youth who have played in at least 2 games in pre-season :

LB/LW : Georgiou
CB : Eyoma
CM/DM : Skipp, Amos, Marsh

I can see a starting X1

Vorm/Gazzaniga
Aurier Carter-Vickers, Sanchez, Davies
Winks ? Skipp/Amos/Dier
Lucas, Eriksen, Son
Llorente​

Subs : 4 or 5 of the World Cup stars and a couple of youngsters

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Eriksen - Dier - Amos
Lucas - Kane - Son
0-2

Not sure that the returning WC stars will be fit enough to play 90 minutes, think it might be limited to say 60 minutes - which means the bench becomes pretty important.

Not sure that the returning WC stars will be fit enough to play 90 minutes, think it might be limited to say 60 minutes - which means the bench becomes pretty important.

I think they'll be fine.

Might tire towards the end, but most people do on the opening month.

I don't know who will play but as long as it is the exact opposite to the shower of shit I just watched we might have a chance

But are we allowed to make NINE substitutes?
:deledoubt::dembele::dierno::eriksenserious::kanehand::llorishuh::sonhmm::roseunsure::vertna:
:pochfacepalm:

[formation=433, Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Verts, Davies, Eriksen, Dier, Lamela, Moura, Kane, Son][/formation]
And all of a sudden, after a Summer of no one, you can see why... that team looks good!

Then again, half of them will be wandering around like Zombies... tired, dazed and confused from their World Cup heartache...

:llorishowudoin: notyugo thogh!! You'll be skipping around the 6 yard box for the first 15 minutes!!

Back
Top Bottom