Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we get a bit of love for Bergwin's cross few more of them and Harry will start exerting pressure on him to start. I also had a bit of a fancy that we could drop Aurier and play Bergwin, he is robust tracks back as well as Serge but has way better delivery if Sissoko is doing the same defensive sitting job for him I think we would be better. Anyone elsethink he could play wing back?
I made the argument recently that the lack of quality crossing was making Kane and Son more reluctant to waste the energy and take the injury risk going full hog to get on the end of them. I hope to see a lot more goals like the one today because this squad definitely has players capable of scoring from crosses/headers. (I'd say "especially Kane" but what's the point? What isn't he great at scoring? Direct FKs basically.)

Can we get a bit of love for Bergwin's cross few more of them and Harry will start exerting pressure on him to start. I also had a bit of a fancy that we could drop Aurier and play Bergwin, he is robust tracks back as well as Serge but has way better delivery if Sissoko is doing the same defensive sitting job for him I think we would be better. Anyone elsethink he could play wing back?

I honestly wouldn't mind sissoko at rb and Bergwine at RM. It just seems such an obvious thing to do...

Doesn’t he suffer from alopecia?
Aye he does, and is really touchy about it apparently.

fwiw I thought you weren't very good yesterday and getting shot of Mourinho surely must be a priority. The fluent high intensity game that was enjoyable to watch has gone and the new style isn't getting the best out of anyone in a Spurs shirt.

You deserved the win chiefly because we were terrible in defence and profligate up front. Our tactic appears to be a deep passive defensive block, then get it to Saint Maximin and pray he can do something to get past 3-4 players.

Aye he does, and is really touchy about it apparently.

fwiw I thought you weren't very good yesterday and getting shot of Mourinho surely must be a priority. The fluent high intensity game that was enjoyable to watch has gone and the new style isn't getting the best out of anyone in a Spurs shirt.

You deserved the win chiefly because we were terrible in defence and profligate up front. Our tactic appears to be a deep passive defensive block, then get it to Saint Maximin and pray he can do something to get past 3-4 players.
You looking forward to seeing the back of Steve Bruce?

We're not there yet. If the takeover doesn't happen, he'll be manager next season at least and I genuinely fear that we'll be in danger of relegation with this cabbage in charge.

I want shot because he's out of his depth and he's not the victim he's painted by his mates in the media. When we went on a little run, all we heard is how much better he was doing than Benitez, when he really wasn't.

Pundits consistently contradicting themselves to show support for their mate. These are genuine quotes from the same pundit for the Man City game (where we were humped 5-0)
"Look at the goals they've scored!" "They don't look like scoring"
"See how he's sorted their defence!" "This could be a cricket score",
"If they're taken over he should get money to spend!" " Joelinton does not look a £40m player"

The football has been shite, the injuries are stacking up and the excuses are flowing.
How do you rate Saint-Maximin?

Can't agree with that, I think Erik would have been an absolute star if it hadn't been for his injuries.
Sorry to disagree but doesn't that prove my point ?
He would be better in Italian or German football which is less demanding than our more physical game ? He has never shirked a challenge but his body has let him down.
My point is, if we can still get some reasonable money for him, should we move on and buy a Hojberg ?
Didnt get to watch tonight. Was it 4-4-2 again?
No more all over the show but defence was better

Back
Top Bottom