Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always liked Shelvey. Is a decent player, maybe a 6/10 and on a good day, 7/10. If we could swap him for Winks, I think our team would instantly be about 10-15% better. I watch the games now and all I really see in CM is Lo Celso who’s literally the only person who makes a forward pass or does anything attack worthy, and Sissoko who’s fairly hard to miss. Feels like we’re play with 10 men sometimes

Missed this game completely due to other engagements. Did we play well?

It was a strange game. They had shot after shot but apart from a couple of times Hugo didn't seem too worried. Most of their shots were from distance.

We played a pretty similar setup to the arseanal game with sitting deep and then getting them on the counter. It worked reasonably well too and I'm sure you've already seen the goals.

Even with all their bluster I didn't feel like we were getting battered. One thing which was impressive was the use of subs. We started to get a little leggy and Jose was able to bring on some fresh legs. Even Kane got a 5 minute breather at the end. He was subbed for Verts which I thought was going to be my wildest fantasy seeing him up front but alas not to be.

I wouldn't say any player stood out as a MOTM. I was more stressed watching the dippers bottle it. Those fucking melts.

We still need some upgrades in key areas but the confidence in the squad is growing.

Always liked Shelvey. Is a decent player, maybe a 6/10 and on a good day, 7/10. If we could swap him for Winks, I think our team would instantly be about 10-15% better. I watch the games now and all I really see in CM is Lo Celso who’s literally the only person who makes a forward pass or does anything attack worthy, and Sissoko who’s fairly hard to miss. Feels like we’re play with 10 men sometimes

You've no idea what you are talking about mate. What a laughable comment. Sorry

I wouldn't want that Voldemort-headed cunt Shelvey within two hundred miles of a Spurs shirt.

What is it that gets into people, convincing them that bang-average journeymen are the missing piece of the puzzle? It's like how people used to pipe up every transfer window that Shane Long "could do a job for us". Assuming that job isn't working on the turnstiles, you have to wonder what some of our fans are on.

There's a pretty obvious reason these donkeys play for shit teams

I dont like Shelvey's bald head.

Shelvey looks great when nobody presses him, when there's loads of space to ping balls into and if nobody winds him up. He's immobile, selfish and stroppy. Those are just a few reasons why he's not at a club fighting for honours.

Doesn’t he suffer from alopecia?
Aye he does, and is really touchy about it apparently.

fwiw I thought you weren't very good yesterday and getting shot of Mourinho surely must be a priority. The fluent high intensity game that was enjoyable to watch has gone and the new style isn't getting the best out of anyone in a Spurs shirt.

You deserved the win chiefly because we were terrible in defence and profligate up front. Our tactic appears to be a deep passive defensive block, then get it to Saint Maximin and pray he can do something to get past 3-4 players.

Aye he does, and is really touchy about it apparently.

fwiw I thought you weren't very good yesterday and getting shot of Mourinho surely must be a priority. The fluent high intensity game that was enjoyable to watch has gone and the new style isn't getting the best out of anyone in a Spurs shirt.

You deserved the win chiefly because we were terrible in defence and profligate up front. Our tactic appears to be a deep passive defensive block, then get it to Saint Maximin and pray he can do something to get past 3-4 players.

Meh, we deserved the win cos we were better at both ends of the pitch.

Without a deflection followed by a crap clearance you'd have never scored.

How much can we realistically get for Son? Or even Kane? I'd rather we sell Son rather than Kane, but Kane seems to be the type to willingly leave because we didn't get top 4 so I don't know. I absolutely love Son, he is a great player and a gentleman, but I feel he's gotta make way in the new season.
Selling our best players should be a last resort, and then only if they stop playing for us if they agitate for a move.

Selling our best players should be a last resort, and then only if they stop playing for us if they agitate for a move.

Some people are silly, Mrs P.

If selling to buy is needed, there are more viable options than our two best players. Alli would be my shout if he is still playing like his brother.

Back
Top Bottom