Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Missed the second half as my internet went down, but I'm very happy with the result. I'd much rather have a boring or scrappy win over playing pretty football and losing.
Hopefully we can end the season strongly and clinch a European spot.

Oh wow, thats a PROPER ground. Maybe next time im over ill have to go! Thanks!
Let me know, I might well join you! As you say its a lovely town.

I see the ground a good few times a year from the main road south strangely. I play - well, more accurately bumble about - for a pub cricket team, the only place we can play (against a mainly Indian team and a mainly Pakistani team) is a dusty village called Sonseca 20 miles down the road from there. It's all pretty surreal

:wanyama:

3 away goals
3 points
3 cheers! :pochhail:

Enjoyed that.... Never doubted it once the first goal went in.

Save for some shit ref/VAR decisions we'd be right in the mix right now.... Gutting really.

YIDS! :tobyarm:

It's easy to say after we scored 3 goals but this is one of the better performances we had from our forwards in a while. I think all of Harry, Sonny, Lucas, Bergjwin and Lamela played well.

I also think our back line was very solid today. The only issues were in midfield, but what else is new.

The other thing I really noticed in the 1st half is our poor team pressing, that really lead to a lot of their best chances against us.

Still, great result and keeps our Europa hopes alive.

I see the ground a good few times a year from the main road south strangely. I play - well, more accurately bumble about - for a pub cricket team, the only place we can play (against a mainly Indian team and a mainly Pakistani team) is a dusty village called Sonseca 20 miles down the road from there. It's all pretty surreal

Cricket? In SPAIN? Im amazed, fair play to you sir, thats great!

Im in Spain at least once a year but normally Andalucia... a mate of mine was in Madrid for a bit so me and the missus went over there for a few days and had a day out in Toledo too while we were there. Nice (scenic!) part of the world.

Pitch take a bit of spin?

How much are you expecting this realistic punt to be considering their fans all love him, he's on a long contract (5 years left) and they paid £20m-ish for him?

Not even a chance of this happening.
£60m and 200K a week seem to be the going rate for midfield quality. We know from experience.

10 week transfer window about to open. Who are our prospects? Cantwell, Aarons, Ake etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom