Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We weren't good, just clinical and ground out a win. It happens.

I don't think Mourinho will be pleased with the amount of shots we conceded (22!), even if two-thirds were very low quality/chance.
Grinding out a win doesn't rely on the oppo being shit IMO. In my book it's being solid, not giving the oppo a sniff by locking it down. Admittedly, a fair few of those shots were lame but there were still a hatful of big opportunities for them.

The thing is, every game is "grinding it out" isn't?

Grinding out a win doesn't rely on the oppo being shit IMO. In my book it's being solid, not giving the oppo a sniff by locking it down. Admittedly, a fair few of those shots were lame but there were still a hatful of big opportunities for them.

The thing is, every game is "grinding it out" isn't?
I don't disagree, but when you play 4 matches in 10 days I can understand it. Him not rotating more and using all five subs though is compounding the problem.

Allan Saint-Maximin anyone??? He would be our greatest signing from Newcastle since.......Chris Waddle.The fee back then was £590,000,think we might have to pay a little more for this kid.
Great win, would love to finish sixth-fuck Wolves.

I like him but come on... I paid to watch Ginola who we signed from the Toon and I can honestly say watching that man even take a corner was like poetry

Me I'm looking forward to a nice trip to San Sebastián or Bilbao or Castellón (Villarreal) or Valencia. Or an easy one down to Getafe just outside Madrid

Three towns with wonderful beaches, five with fine food

Shame Toledo dont have a decent side, loved my day out there, easy train from Madrid and a beautiful town!

Shame Toledo dont have a decent side, loved my day out there, easy train from Madrid and a beautiful town!
Nice team, green shirts and white shorts which makes a change. Nearly made it to the 1st Division in the late 90s but fell away at the end. Languishing in the Regional 3rd (4th tier) now though unfortunately which really is a football wilderness.

Cool name for a ground too, Salto del Caballo - "Horse Jump"

1280px-Estadio_Salto_del_Caballo_donde_juega_el_Club_Deportivo_Toledo_desde_1973.jpg

Nice team, green shirts and white shorts which makes a change. Nearly made it to the 1st Division in the late 90s but fell away at the end. Languishing in the Regional 3rd (4th tier) now though unfortunately which really is a football wilderness.

Cool name for a ground too, Salto del Caballo - "Horse Jump"

1280px-Estadio_Salto_del_Caballo_donde_juega_el_Club_Deportivo_Toledo_desde_1973.jpg

Oh wow, thats a PROPER ground. Maybe next time im over ill have to go! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom