Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope Aurier is mentally in the right frame of mind, big call to give him the start. I don’t think I could focus on my work if my brother just got murdered but like Mou said, everyone deals with these things in different ways. Maybe for him playing will allow him to forget about it for 90 minutes.

I hope Aurier is mentally in the right frame of mind, big call to give him the start. I don’t think I could focus on my work if my brother just got murdered but like Mou said, everyone deals with these things in different ways. Maybe for him playing will allow him to forget about it for 90 minutes.
Gotta trust the player in a situation like this, I am sure (hope) it was entirely Serge's call.

I am surprised Aurier started but understand he wants to do something rather than sit at home or in France and think about it. Same team that mostly played the whole match only 3 days ago. Hope they are fit enough and do not start flagging in 2nd half.

Ugh

I guess its the easy call to go back with the same line-up that won the last game but it seemed like a good opportunity to bring in some new players and try some new things out.

The win was what was most important but I didn't think we played all that well against Woolwich and certainly not good enough that a few changes couldn't have been made.

Oh well I hated this line-up when announced on the weekend and we won so hopefully that happens again.

Beautiful from Aurier. And for anybody worried that he might be out of focus, I think the situation will only make him more focused than usual.

Mou's new 442

I like it. Think it suits our squad a lot better than 433 to be honest. Only question mark for me is if GLC, in the long run, is viable as a CM in this formation.

Back
Top Bottom