Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Serge can take all the time he needs. Be that as it may, it reminds me of a recent situation in the NBA where Isaiah Thomas learned his sister had passed before a really big game. He went out and dropped 50 points (comparable to a hat trick) and left everything out there for her. People grieve differently and since Serge's brother was a football fan, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to concentrate on his craft to honor his brother.

I hope Aurier is mentally in the right frame of mind, big call to give him the start. I don’t think I could focus on my work if my brother just got murdered but like Mou said, everyone deals with these things in different ways. Maybe for him playing will allow him to forget about it for 90 minutes.

I agree with you. For sure I would not be able to work (much less play an intense game at the highest level) two days after my sibling was murdered, but other folks have different ways of dealing with grief.

Jose needs to pay particular attention to how Aurier looks and feels during the game.

Hopefully get out there, get stuck in and score a couple of early goals...break the tiresome pattern of play that has been forced upon us and take some heart form beating the scum.
Ps still laughing at good old Claus being a racist.

Fair play to aurier...awful time for him

Back
Top Bottom