Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to win both of our remaining games, hope Wolves get no more than 4 points and hope Leicester get no more than 1 point.

I think Man Utd and us can both beat Leicester - so all on Sheff Utd tomorrow.

I also think Chelsea will get something against Wolves on the final day.

Of course it all involves much luck - but European football is looking likely now!
I'm confident - I'm trawling the cheap flights to Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan and Alderaan as we speak

Some people here I really wouldn't fucking tire of slapping. We won 3-1 away from home.

Poch hadn't won an away game in 12 matches over the course of 2 seasons.

Well said. If Mourinho can improve our away stats then I’ll take functional football. A bit more flair at home though please. Feed the Kane and he will score...maybe stop the fullbacks from crossing and leave it to the wingers in future.

Assuming today’s game reflects the lad’s typical game, in a normal (non-COVID) environment I would be willing to pay £30 million. I don’t know much about him beyond what I saw today.

Given today’s realities, I would put the upper limit at £20 million. (Assuming today’s game wasn’t some super game for the lad)
I haven't seen all of today's game yet. I have watched him play maybe 7 or 8 times recently, and it is true that his decision-making and finishing need work, but his potential is mouth-watering. His assist stats are very misleading, IMO, because of Newcastle's lack of attacking cohesion. He holds the ball well, he plays some very good passes, and he can go right through the opposition's midfield like a tornado, creating lots of space for others.

They bought him for about £16m, so I don't see why they would let him go for £20m.

Make no mistake about it , we are dreadfully bad at times , half our players can't even control and pass a ball

Yet I make that 4 wins , 2 draws and only 1 defeat in 7 games since restart

Maybe mourinho could actually do something with some better players

Might be worth hoping he is backed this summer rather than getting on his back
Either fire him or back him. I'm not saying hand him the keys (see Bergwijn), but it's the halfway shit that will kill us.

Back
Top Bottom