Newcastle (H) 3rd April - 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The difference between the first and second half was Kane dropping 10 -15 yards deeper. Once he did that they couldn't pick him up and it completely changed the game. He's second only to a 100% De Bruyne for passing and creativity in the Premier League.

Nobody was close to poor today and scoring 5 goals against any side in the Premier League is always a joy. Could have been one or two more too, as Son missed a bit of a sitter.

Lloris 6

Emerson 7
Romero 9
Dier 7
Davies 7.5
Doherty 8

Hojbjerg 7
Bentancur 8

Kulusevski 7.5
Son 8
Kane 8.5

Subs:

Winks 6.5
Moura 6.5
Bergwijn 8

Every manager we come up against is doing this against us, I guess it's high risk high reward especially since we have a 2 man midfield so teams come onto us. Worked for Southampton as they hemmed us in but we've improved massively since then.

Only worked for southampton because they played two up top. We struggle against teams who do that. It’s the 2 v back 3 and they play inbetween our centre backs. I’m surprised more teams don’t do it. Villa could do it next weekend with Ings and watkins and if they do they will get some joy.

Over the moon with that. Antonio is so fucking elite.

The difference Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur have made to this team is astonishing and badly needed.

If Woolwich drop points tomorrow I really fancy us to nick that 4th spot.

Last edited:
Four wins on the trot, 19-2 goal differential during that period. We feel like a real footballing side again.

Kulusevski, Bentancur, and healthy Romero have totally reinvigorated the side.

I think Conte has been the real game changer.

For the goal that Royal scored i think that he and Doherty were ahead of Son and Kane.

That should tell us all we need to know about Conteball.

Bergwijn is the dogs b as well! Deffo needs more minutes .. but right now him and Lucas coming on for 15-20 mins to a worn down defence is perfect

I have to say that watching our new boys is an absolute pleasure. Romero, Bentancur and Kulusevski all seem so calm in posession. Not flustered and rarely fail to do their jobs.

Their class showed as soon as the Juve boys were subbed. The first thing that happened was an aimless punt up field by Dier which ceded posession to the human rights abusing sportswashers.

I hope Mr. Paratici can pull some more strings to acquire more class into the squad. From being one of the best performers in the team last year, Højbjerg now looks almost amateur in the midfield.

When they went 1-0 up their fans stormed the pitch and let off flares. Didn’t hear from them again for the rest of the match. Absolutely shite support, long drive home.

Back
Top Bottom