Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the way to prevent us getting carved up is to drop Saar and Bissouma, play Maddison in the middle and put Bentancur and Hojberg either side of him
I don't agree.
In this game you need runners in the middle because Newcastle are a very energetic team. Sarr at the very least has to start...we can't have 3 non runners in the middle (tbf Bentancur is energetic but still we need 2 of them to be that way).

I don't agree.
In this game you need runners in the middle because Newcastle are a very energetic team. Sarr at the very least has to start...we can't have 3 non runners in the middle (tbf Bentancur is energetic but still we need 2 of them to be that way).
I like my Spurs teams to have someone to have a bit of creativity and flair and as things stand that's Madison, backed by two people who can break up play, feed and cover him.
Bissouma has really gone off the boil and for all of his touch and elegance Sarr doesn't have enough "grunt" and presence for me.

More cover from the front 3 required as well

And Udogie getting his shit wired back together.

Why Emerson in place of Udogie?
Only my opinion, but I think Udogie has been a bit off it lately. I sure wasn't impressed by his lack of effort on Forest's goal at the weekend...I'm fine with a player not having the technical abilities, but I won't stand for one who doesn't give his all.

So yeah I'd put him on the bench a bit, same as with Kulu, Biss...was even tempted to give Mads a taste. Might just be the rocket up the arse they need. And Emerson is much better defensively...knowing the barcodes will come at us with all they've got in the first half.

Only my opinion, but I think Udogie has been a bit off it lately. I sure wasn't impressed by his lack of effort on Forest's goal at the weekend...I'm fine with a player not having the technical abilities, but I won't stand for one who doesn't give his all.

So yeah I'd put him on the bench a bit, same as with Kulu, Biss...was even tempted to give Mads a taste. Might just be the rocket up the arse they need. And Emerson is much better defensively...knowing the barcodes will come at us with all they've got in the first half.

He's a young player and lost concentration. I've never seen a lack of effort from Udogie. It's just easy to forget how young he is.

As for Maddison, I've been on his case recently but finally got to watch the game and I liked what I saw. he was dropping to start plays, picking it up between the lines and pressing like a madman. Drew the early yellow card on Yates. I think Maddison is finally due a big game and really wouldn't be shocked if it came vs the Barcodes.

Vicario
Porro
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Bissouma
Bentancur
Maddison
Johnson
Son
Werner
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bissouma
Bentancur Maddison
Johnson Son Werner
[/lineup]

Seems like the obvious 11 to pick for this.

Hojberg has been useful off the bench but never as a starter. I think he's a smart pro that can watch the game and picks up on the things that are missing. When he comes on as a sub against tired legs he has the room to do what he sees as well.

All well and good but putting Royal there after two months of not playing, on his weak foot, is not the one imo

1_JS248179728.jpg
Ant and Dec are a sniper's dream

Vic
Porro - Romero - VdV - Udogie
Hojbjerg
Bentancur - Maddison
Johnson - Richy - Son

Son terrorised this lot off the left wing earlier this season, and Richy occupied their centre halves really well. Obviously this will be a different challenge, but having those two in their natural positions will be important.

Last edited:
4 games with no G/A so Madders deffo with a goal contribution. I think Kulu will come on and oblige with a goal contribution also.
3-2 win.

He stopped running after losing his man...watch it again.

So if you don't call that a lack of effort, what is it?

I have watched it again. I think he lost concentration and assumed that he could go to the ball and someone else would take his runner. It was about not being vigilant to how many attackers needed to be covered in the box more than it was effort IMO.

Back
Top Bottom