Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
the problem is if we got a slot, brendan or potter we know we are in for a long painful rebuild again and these managers wont demand more then the sum of its parts

thats one thing i liked about conte calling out the board for its bullshit

i fear even we got JN he would be another victim to levy

we need to get the owners out and stop being content with the bullshit

Slot? Dead man walking.

Appoint him and we should immediately begin the search for his replacement.

Majority of you never even heard of the guy until a few on here started routing him as the 'hipster' choice.

Could probably say the same about any manager under Levy.

And yes how dare people be excited or at least enthusiastic about a manager who has such attacking principles.

You being a Debbie downer on people’s opinions on Slot doesn’t make you seem big, clever, cool or knowledgeable. It just makes you seem obnoxious. Pipe down.

No offence.

And yes how dare people be excited or at least enthusiastic about a manager who has such attacking principles.

You being a Debbie downer on people’s opinions on Slot doesn’t make you seem big, clever, cool or knowledgeable. It just makes you seem obnoxious. Pipe down.

No offence.

Everyone crywanking about Ten Slags going to manure, Slot is higher rated in Dutch football.

the problem is if we got a slot, brendan or potter we know we are in for a long painful rebuild again and these managers wont demand more then the sum of its parts

Unfortunately the owners are going nowhere, yes they do need to fuck off, but until they get the money they want it won't happen.
In the meantime, the club continues to tread the path it does, financially sound, but little or no chance of glory.

No offence.
☝ This.

Rodgers on a three year deal to "land" a bit would work. And then you replace him with the next name to go for a league push.

The problem is not letting him stay on for longer than that.
Agree. Stability is what’s required Instead of a punt on the unknown. Not saying that any of the mentioned names would be a bad choice - JN would be my #1 but failing that I’d be happy with a 2 year rebuild under Brenda if the football was right.

There isn't going to be any rebuild ....not under Levy and co.....this would require large amounts of spending money...it's simply not going to happen...we're going to spend years trying different managers whilst the same tired old players get older and more tired...it's never going to change until we get owners who are actually keen on football...
Rebuild is a distant dream..

Unfortunately the owners are going nowhere, yes they do need to fuck off, but until they get the money they want it won't happen.
In the meantime, the club continues to tread the path it does, financially sound, but little or no chance of glory.

it can be done, but our fanbase is too laid back which doesnt help

only helps the bald twat in charge

There isn't going to be any rebuild ....not under Levy and co.....this would require large amounts of spending money...it's simply not going to happen...we're going to spend years trying different managers whilst the same tired old players get older and more tired...it's never going to change until we get owners who are actually keen on football...

A competent recruitment team. Levy doesn’t scout players.

Levy will be too scared to appoint someone like Slot. He's going to be getting a lot of grief for the rest of the season so he'll not want to appoint a relative unknown and the message that he thinks that sends out. I mean its wrong but thats how he operates.

. . He didnt want Jol originally despite Arnesen saying he should be appointed because he wanted the supposed glamour manager from the French national team. I think he'll go with Poch, Naglesmann, De Zerbi, maybe Kompany as a big name and if all that fails....heaven forbid Rodgers. I think someone like Slot could be really interesting, if the first 3 blow us out i'd be happy with him.

The man is a machine
robert deniro psychiatrist GIF

Yeah any manager coming in, will be asked to, work with what they have and add cheap components to it, and hopefully forge some sort of team.
Whoever comes in will find, it's business as usual and in 18 months time, we are back to doing it all again 😄

Levy will be too scared to appoint someone like Slot. He's going to be getting a lot of grief for the rest of the season so he'll not want to appoint a relative unknown and the message that he thinks that sends out. I mean its wrong but thats how he operates.

. . He didnt want Jol originally despite Arnesen saying he should be appointed because he wanted the supposed glamour manager from the French national team. I think he'll go with Poch, Naglesmann, De Zerbi, maybe Kompany as a big name and if all that fails....heaven forbid Rodgers. I think someone like Slot could be really interesting, if the first 3 blow us out i'd be happy with him.
will be no different for those names the ones i didnt bold people will get behind quick

the others wont get time because we would go from conte to those names

Back
Top Bottom