Norwich (A) - Final game of the season - 22/05 - 4pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know what's going to happen Sunday..

Woolwich go 1-0 up inside 5 minutes.
Spurs are 0-0 at 70 mins still.

What's most important is we play the match, not the occasion. No silly tackles, red cards or risky defending. Professional and in charge of the game.
dont care if its the most boring game ever

we only need to draw

Saw this on a Spurs FB group, think it's spot on...

One game to go and Champions League Football is in our own hands.

Now I've seen all the posts about your not a Tottenham Hotspur fan if you're not slightly worried about the game, in my 50 years supporting I get it, BUT,

What gives me confidence is the Conte effect!

Yes we are going to a relegated team who have freedom to play in their last home game of the season and the fact we only need a draw could affect our mentality and the outcome.

We also have the Son and the golden boot situation. It could be a worry that players in better positions pass to him to try and get him a goal or two rather than shoot themselves or he gets greedy and shoots from silly areas.

But the Conte effect won't allow this.

We have a week to work on our tactics and game plan!

He will not entertain someone going for individual accolades at possibly the expense of the squad. He will stamp that right out!

So as a lifelong Tottenham Hotspur Fan I know it's not done, but I am a damn sight more confident than I'd normally be,

So for the 3rd time for me it's the Conte effect!!!

Extrapolating those form guides suggest both a Norwich win and a Spurs loss as the next respective results though...

:contehandshead:
Really??

Norwich have not won far more than they have and we have not lost more than we have.

In fact Norwichs home form as percentages:

Won -17%
Drawn - 17%
Lost - 67% (yes it says 67% and all three add up to more than 100%🤷‍♂️🤣)

So they have not won at home 84% of the time.

Spurs away percentages:

Win - 44%
Draw - 22%
Lost - 34%

Spurs on the other hand have not lost away 66% of the time👍👍

Stats from Football Stats | Soccer Stats - FootyStats

Last edited:
Really??

Norwich have not won far more than they have and we have not lost more than we have.

Won -17%
Drawn - 17%

Spurs away percentages:

Win - 44%
Draw - 22%
Lost - 34%

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Really??

Won -17%
Drawn - 17%

Spurs away percentages:

Win - 44%
Draw - 22%
Lost - 34%

Talking about patterns to extrapolate, although 5 games isn't big enough to establish a reliable pattern, and it's not as though that's how football works anyway, but -

Norwich: LLWLL - next in the sequence is W

Us: DDWWL - next in the sequence would be L..

Although typing it out I realise that you wrote them out right to left not left to right, so working chronologically we are LWWDD.

So panic over.

Really??

Won -17%
Drawn - 17%

Spurs away percentages:

Win - 44%
Draw - 22%
Lost - 34%

Thank goodness for that.

Not in order
1-1 vs Wolves
3-0 Vs Leicester
4-0 Vs West Ham
2-0 Vs Villa
3-0 Vs Newcastle
3-2 Vs Ronaldo
2-0 WIN Vs Burnley
0-0 Vs Brighton
2-1 Vs Leeds
3-1 Vs Chelsea
3-1 Vs Brentford
2-1 Vs Liverpool

Norwich getting beat almost everywhere they go. They're fucking terrible.
Put our strongest possible team out and smash em to bits. Have it wrapped up 3-0 at least by half time.

When we slipped up against Newcastle in 2016, they were on a 5 game unbeaten run by the time we played them.

You know what's going to happen Sunday..

Woolwich go 1-0 up inside 5 minutes.
Spurs are 0-0 at 70 mins still.

What's most important is we play the match, not the occasion. No silly tackles, red cards or risky defending. Professional and in charge of the game.
Can't see woolwich going up inside 5 minutes

Can't see woolwich going up inside 5 minutes
ooooh I can... It's what they do! Leeds at home was classic them; I'd barely looked at LiveScore and they'd already been gifted a goal...

but as I say, fuck them... because of last Thursday, and last night, we are now in the 'relative' luxury of not having to worry what they do... be it in the first minute or the last!

Had they won last night, and we knew that they 'only' had to win on Sunday to get 4th, we'd all KNOW what would happen, they'd do it without a cursory glance in our direction, cos it wouldn't matter what we were doing... they only had to do their job and win their own game.

That's US now on Sunday... WE'RE in the enviable position of power... not them!

TOTTENHAM 3 Woolwich 0 >>> DARE
NEWCASTLE 2 Woolwich 0 >>>> DREAM
NORWICH v TOTTENHAM >>>> DO!

It was written!

Last edited:
I'm confident but definitely not taking anything for granted, I just hope that our players remain professional and don't slack off.

Let’s be honest guys, if someone said to you that Spurs would be in with a whisker of Top 4 and you had your choice of a team to pick for Spurs to play away, I guarantee almost every Spurs fan would pick Norwich. Yes, i agree we are Spurs, but we couldn’t of had an easier game to finish our season. This team are utter trash and are relegated. Our players are bang in form, on a high and we have far to much firepower. We are NOT fucking this up, stop worrying.

I'm confident but definitely not taking anything for granted, I just hope that our players remain professional and don't slack off.
That's exactly the attitude the players should have, of course they should be aware that they are a better side and are capable of beating Norwich comfortably, but they need to remain conscious that all the ability in the world means f-all if the attitude isn't right and hard work isn't there.

How many people on here before Southampton (H), Wolves (H), Brighton (H), Brentford (A), hell even the Burnley game sjust gone, were confidently predicting big wins for us?

Football doesn't always work out the way it should, if it did then accas would be a piece of piss!

Resolutely holding out for the 1-0 against Burnley might well be a blessing in disguise... shows we do have it in us! If it's tight on Sunday, we know what to do.

Let’s be honest guys, if someone said to you that Spurs would be in with a whisker of Top 4 and you had your choice of a team to pick for Spurs to play away, I guarantee almost every Spurs fan would pick Norwich. Yes, i agree we are Spurs, but we couldn’t of had an easier game to finish our season. This team are utter trash and are relegated. Our players are bang in form, on a high and we have far to much firepower. We are NOT fucking this up, stop worrying.
Given the choice of the other 18, it's hard to disagree....
If it were roles/fixtures reversed, I'd have assumed Norwich would roll over for ArseAnal, whilst Everton would give us everything they've got!

So why not this way round?

Back
Top Bottom