Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading the last 10 or so pages of posts, seems a lot more are now realising that the players are the main problem/issue. Not many left who need to see the light.

Could have worked. Sessegnon struggles today and Boxing Day in the advanced position. I’m sure it will just take time: Dele and Kane are very different players to what he has been used to.

it was strange to have changed shape so dramatically: probably one eyeon fatigue and Southampton, I imagine.

I think Jose’s learning a lot about this group!
Inexplicable.

He introduced the right players (shouldn't have started Dele), but gave them the worst possible work 'environment' with a shape they've never played together in before.

Foyth, Ndobee, Lo Celso, Sess.

Gvie them 4231 and all would have been well.

Think Jose's a little too much in awe of how Santos has got wolves playing.

Just watching their first goal. Foyth fucks it, Ndombele should do better, but what the fuck was Alderweireld doing?
As the senior player Toby should be organizing our back 4, but I swear that after we went to a 4 there was never less than 20 yards between him and Sanchez. If we had been facing Aguero instead of Pukki we would have conceded 5.

Since the attacks have gotten more vitriolic, I have to reiterate what I said earlier in defence of Dele (and Kane): they both killed themselves getting the win against Brighton and because of outrageous PL scheduling, they had to do it again 48 hours later. It's difficult to gauge them fairly based on that performance when it would be entirely unreasonable to expect them to be match-fit in the first place.

Kane did well under the circumstances though: won the penalty and the free kick despite a frustrating lack of passes to him. IDK whether Moura et al. somehow think they're better at shooting than Kane or if they just don't want to pass or whatever, but Kane was clearly annoyed at one or two points and I completely sympathised.

Positives:
Moura's desire
Ndombele's inner Dembele
Eriksen's reaction upon scoring

Negatives:
Aurier's errors
Lo Celso's anonymity
Dele's wastefulness
Sessegnon's diffidence

Wonder if Jose will do much in the January window. I'm saying it now, but it won't surprise me if Jose walks in the January window and sues Levy for constructive dismissal after failing to stomach his first Levy transfer window.

Its not a question of desire, its plan quality and thats lacking at the moment. I wont use exhaustion as an excuse since thats the same for all teams. We lack that true top drawer quality that the bin dippers have somehow managed to conjure finally. Dele, Moura, Son everyone lacks that litle bit extra which we need to consistently win. So results like these should be the norm for now not the exception. I wont even get started with players like Dier, Winks, Aurier and even Sissoko to an extent - they just dont belong to a top top team. So no surprise with result, given where our team stands at the moment in terms of overall quality. Granted jose's formation in the first half didnt help - he better start learning fast i hope.

Back
Top Bottom