Norwich (H) 22Jan - 19:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Dier is the answer to our struggles? I just don't see it. He's slow. He doesn't link play together. I'd say it's just a coincidence, plus he's playing games like Middlesbrough and not Liverpool
Until he’s replaced then while not being the answer to all our problems, he’s clearly an improvement on playing with no DM.

People can deny it all they want, the results speak for themselves. He’s also not 100% yet still improves us.
He’s been no worse than anyone else, and he offers us an undeniable improvement.

I'm questioning that and respectfully disagreeing
A broad statement, agreed.
Son before Chelsea, Kane at times, Tangnana, Toby, Moura at times, Lo Celso and Lamela have been regularly better than Dier since Jose came.
I can’t think of anyone else who’s played consistently better than him, and as the results prove, we are better off with him playing.

Take it off then.
P10 W6 L2 D2

Well done there you really changed the stats
Dont the number of losses go up since we were losing badly with Dier against Olympiakos.

Against Brighton where he played the last 15 minutes, we were already 2-1 up and his presence didnt touch the scores. Is that also a win for Dier?

Dont the number of losses go up since we were losing badly with Dier against Olympiakos.

Against Brighton where he played the last 15 minutes, we were already 2-1 up and his presence didnt touch the scores. Is that also a win for Dier?

How do the losses go up for games we won?
Someone already pointed out Olympiacos.

I already answered....take the game off if you want but it doesn’t become a defeat.
As for Brighton, we brought on a DM to stop the onslaught and not concede a late equaliser and we saw the game out and won.

Is that somehow a negative for Dier? Is that now a defeat?

Why are some of you so desperate for the results when Dier plays to be poor?

Is it just to argue with me? Or do you actually despise Dier or something that you desperately try and even out the FACT we have not won a single game he hasn’t played in under Jose.

How do the losses go up for games we won?
Someone already pointed out Olympiacos.

Is that somehow a negative for Dier? Is that now a defeat?
Because with Dier on we were losing badly 2-0 Keeping him on means we lose even worse. You want him to get credit for the 4 goals we scored when he wasnt on the pitch? Its a loss for Dier , the win was because he wasnt on the pitch.

Against Brighton we were already winning, with him on the pitch nothing changed and he was there for only 15 minutes, thats a Dier win? Mental.

Why are some of you so desperate for the results when Dier plays to be poor?

Is it just to argue with me? Or do you actually despise Dier or something that you desperately try and even out the FACT we have not won a single game he hasn’t played in under Jose.
Your FACT...you really think we won the olympiakos and brighton matches because Dier was involved in the times we conceded or didnt score.

Your FACT...you really think we won the olympiakos and brighton matches because Dier was involved in the times we conceded or didnt score.
I’ve already said take off the CL game if it makes you feel better.
I haven’t said we beat Brighton BECAUSE of Dier.
I’ve said we brought on a DM to see out the game and we won.
If you want to chalk them up as defeats it says everything about you as an agenda driven wally.

The fact is, we have not won a single game he hasn’t played in since Jose came.
But don’t tell me, they were a bit like winning.

Because with Dier on we were losing badly 2-0 Keeping him on means we lose even worse. You want him to get credit for the 4 goals we scored when he wasnt on the pitch? Its a loss for Dier , the win was because he wasnt on the pitch.

Against Brighton we were already winning, with him on the pitch nothing changed and he was there for only 15 minutes, thats a Dier win? Mental.
You’ve taken two games out of 11. Two games we won and you want to right them up as losses.

I’ll tell you what, let’s take those two wins as defeats to make you feel better about yourself.

That would be
With Dier:
P11 W5 D2 L4

Without Dier:
P5 W0 L3 D2

Even in your twisted sick little world, where winning is losing, Dier comes out on top.
Twat.

Never thought I said that... We need someone who would be able to score a goal!!!
We are struggling bad in that regard. Have not scored in 3 EPL games in a row!

Kane- unavailable
Son - in awfully bad form. Has not scored nor provided assist in 1,5 months. Have had chances but finishing has been terrible.
Moura - can produce a brilliant moment, but in recent games absolutely useless, slowing down attacks and making bad decisions. Few chances that he recently has got, he has wasted.
Alli - back to being brother of Dele instead of Dele
Lamela - ah well, this goal-line technology pic said it all - he's an "almost" guy. Was good against Championship side but super inefficient in EPL game
Eriksen - not motivated and hopefully not even on field
Lo Celso - has to play deeper and create passes, otherwise he might be the biggest threat (YEA, I know, this sums up our situation)
Parrott - for whatever reason not used. Hardly could play worse in ST position than Moura did in last game...

When was the last time we went totally dry for 3 games in a row?

Whether someone wants to play him or not.. It doesn't change the fact the he is way off the pace nowadays and has got the turning circle of a battleship.

Whether Dier's the proverbial man or not, it makes a damn strong argument that we need to be playing a DM.....

Who'd have predicted when we brought in dull, negative JM that he'd opt not to play one at all. :pritchardeyes:

So Dier is the answer to our struggles? I just don't see it. He's slow. He doesn't link play together. I'd say it's just a coincidence, plus he's playing games like Middlesbrough and not Liverpool

We lost to Southampton and drew at Norwich & Watford..... The plot thickens

(This is a pro-DM post.....)

Back
Top Bottom