Not too worried

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With everybody, fit, and wanting to be here, under a decent manager,the only signings we need are one more striker, and a back up keeper:

GK: Lloris, New Keeper, Brad
DF: Walker, Naughton (RB) Vlad, Dawson, Jan, Kaboul (CB) BAE, Rose (LB)
MF: Lennon, Lamela, Sandro, Capoue, Holtby, Siggy, Dembele, Paulinho, Chadli, Bentaleb, Livermore, Carrol, Eriksen
ST: Ade, Soldado, New Striker, Kane

New Manager

Fucking travesty the shit that a squad with that much talent/potential has been churning out this season.

50% split with manager and players at fault....I dont buy all this "they dont know what to do" bullshit.

Pass to eachother. Tackle the oppo. Defend. Take a good corner. Shoot.

Dont need a tactical genius to tell them certain things.
We do need a decent manager, one who has the respect and something between his ears that works.!!

The press did a number on us when they decided AVB was going to be their mid-season back page filler and Levy and sections of the fans fell for it.

We'll never know but it sounds like Levy never fully trusted AVB and they fell out in the summer over Bale, Baldini, signings etc. Agree that it's not made much difference this season overall (not playing Ade was pretty criminal) but just showed that Levy didn't really have confidence to stick to a plan. Changing manager mid-season is generally not good, ending up with the teaboy who no one wanted is obviously worse

Liverpool don't exactly have a world class number 10 player do they. Sure Coutinho is good and young, but he's not a worldie yet. We have Eriksen, Lamela, and Holtby who all have potential to have an impact there given the right system and coaching.

no, but they do have a suarez, even that one world class player can make all the difference as we well know through our experiences with bale. also, coutinho, sterling and sturridge are all young, have performed better and shown more potential to be world class players than erikson, lamela and holtby. maybe it's coaching, i guess time will tell, however at present there's a massive gulf

Liverpool also don't have the distraction of Europa football. That has helped them immensley.
You look at our results the Sunday after a Thursday EL game and it's not pretty reading.

If/when we don't make the top4 then I hope for one season we miss out on EL so we can hit the league the way they have this season.

With Sandro being the latest target of yours I figured you'd want to bring in a midfielder as well.

Jesus, can people calm the fuck down over that.

Ive said he's a top player, and he was much better when he was more gung ho. Id like to see him return to that instead of doing exaclty the same thing as Paulinho....basically standing in the the middle, while our own team, as well as the oppo, bypass our central midfield.

Id like to see all our players under a good manager.

Pointing out poor form doesnt mean "SELL THE PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!"......not in my world

Jesus, can people calm the fuck down over that.

Ive said he's a top player, and he was much better when he was more gung ho. Id like to see him return to that instead of doing exaclty the same thing as Paulinho....basically standing in the the middle, while our own team, as well as the oppo, bypass our central midfield.

Id like to see all our players under a good manager.

Pointing out poor form doesnt mean "SELL THE PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!"......not in my world
Who said anything about selling the player? Not me mate.

I actually was thinking more along the lines of Paulinho and Sandro not playing very well alongside each other and Dembele being a bit of a cripple. Personally, I think we need a midfielder who can link things together, which neither of those two really do.

I think Sandro is a great player and should be retained. But we need something to make us tick in midfield. It seems the core of our team is bereft of intelligent play and we need to get some skill, grit and brains in there in my opinion.

Who said anything about selling the player? Not me mate.

I actually was thinking more along the lines of Paulinho and Sandro not playing very well alongside each other and Dembele being a bit of a cripple. Personally, I think we need a midfielder who can link things together, which neither of those two really do.

I think Sandro is a great player and should be retained. But we need something to make us tick in midfield. It seems the core of our team is bereft of intelligent play and we need to get some skill, grit and brains in there in my opinion.

You said you were surprised that I didnt want a new midfielder because I said Sandro has been poor.

I wasnt accusing you of wanting to sell him, more replying to your insinuation that I wanted him replaced

You said you were surprised that I didnt want a new midfielder because I said Sandro has been poor.

I wasnt accusing you of wanting to sell him, more replying to your insinuation that I wanted him replaced
Stop putting words into people's mouths. Wanting a new player for a position does not, by default, equate to wanting another player sold.

So I take it you don't agree that new, decisive blood in the midfield could help?

lol at the people saying Dembele isnt good enough , when he doesnt play we are a lot worse than when he is on the pitch

I agree that he could do more but he offers stability in the centre and

ah nevermind , why am i bothering.

This is some top level bollocks.

We are useless in the middle when he doesn't play.

If he's fit, first name on the team sheet for me.

I`m very worried. Worried that Sherwood will win a few meaningless games at the end of the season which Levy will see as justification to extend his contract. Half the players on your list will then be out the door, replaced by up and coming talent from Sherwoods youth set up.
X6FAJ.gif

There is no way that our first eleven is anywhere near the level to challenge for a CL place..WAKE UP!!!.....our attacking qualities are awfull. Mourinho and wenger combined wouldnt get this team in the CL.

We went up against our weakened rivals with players like, naughton, rose, bentaleb, siggy, chadli, townsend. Have a look at our bench yesterday, it was hardly inspiring was it. People think we have an excellent team, the truth is we dont.
I disagree. Someone with experience and who is a bit better at man management could do it. If Redknapp can get a squad that wasn't really that good to top 4, anyone can do it.

Back
Top Bottom