Not too worried

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can see the quality in parts of our lineup but we're still lacking 2-3 quality first teamers that would make the difference. I think we have about 8 positions now you could to war with but we need 11.

While we need a first team left back and left winger desperately I think the player that would make us improve as a side most rapidly would be a deep lying playmaker. Dembele, Paulinho, and Bentaleb are all impressive players but they lack the passing ability to allow us to play with any fluidity. If we inserted a solid passer in the center of the pitch I think we would immediately look like a better team even with less than desirable players at LB and LW.

With everybody, fit, and wanting to be here, under a decent manager,the only signings we need are one more striker, and a back up keeper:

GK: Lloris, New Keeper, Brad
DF: Walker, Naughton (RB) Vlad, Dawson, Jan, Kaboul (CB) BAE, Rose (LB)
MF: Lennon, Lamela, Sandro, Capoue, Holtby, Siggy, Dembele, Paulinho, Chadli, Bentaleb, Livermore, Carrol, Eriksen, Townsend
ST: Ade, Soldado, New Striker, Kane

New Manager

Fucking travesty the shit that a squad with that much talent/potential has been churning out this season.

50% split with manager and players at fault....I dont buy all this "they dont know what to do" bullshit.

Pass to eachother. Tackle the oppo. Defend. Take a good corner. Shoot.

Dont need a tactical genius to tell them certain things.
No new defenders in your list ummmmm. And BAE ha ha ha.

And BAE ha ha ha.

tumblr_lzxg4bEY7M1qe72hb.gif

I'm worried people have Stockholm Syndrome about Benny

You can see the quality in parts of our lineup but we're still lacking 2-3 quality first teamers that would make the difference. I think we have about 8 positions now you could to war with but we need 11.

While we need a first team left back and left winger desperately I think the player that would make us improve as a side most rapidly would be a deep lying playmaker. Dembele, Paulinho, and Bentaleb are all impressive players but they lack the passing ability to allow us to play with any fluidity. If we inserted a solid passer in the center of the pitch I think we would immediately look like a better team even with less than desirable players at LB and LW.

I don't think passing (be it counter, slow build up or any other style) has ever been a problem at Spurs. Being overloaded with inconsistent English attacking or creative players have been a constant.

Look at our English creative or attacking players in the Prem over the years: Lennon, Townsend, Bentley, O'Hara, Crouch, Defoe, JJ, Huddlestone, Bent, Jamie Redknapp, Stephen Clemence, Andy Sinton, Chris Armstrong, Nick Barmby etc etc. You have to go far back to Gazza and Lineker to find quality!

That has been the problem at Spurs. Its not passing. Most of that list could pass. But most of that list are also flops.

We have had luck in defence with Ledders, Sol, Walker etc but modern English attacking players has been a huge problem for us.

IMO Spurs fans obsession with passing is part of this teams problem. Huge gasps of horror when Bentaleb gives the ball away when all of his dirty work goes unheralded.

IMO we need less style, and more steel.

I don't think passing (be it counter, slow build up or any other style) has ever been a problem at Spurs. Being overloaded with inconsistent English attacking or creative players have been a constant.

Look at our English creative or attacking players in the Prem over the years: Lennon, Townsend, Bentley, O'Hara, Crouch, Defoe, JJ, Huddlestone, Bent, Jamie Redknapp, Stephen Clemence, Andy Sinton, Chris Armstrong, Nick Barmby etc etc. You have to go far back to Gazza and Lineker to find quality!

That has been the problem at Spurs. Its not passing. Most of that list could pass. But most of that list are also flops.

We have had luck in defence with Ledders, Sol, Walker etc but modern English attacking players has been a huge problem for us.

IMO Spurs fans obsession with passing is part of this teams problem. Huge gasps of horror when Bentaleb gives the ball away when all of his dirty work goes unheralded.

IMO we need less style, and more steel.

We have to be the biggest most athletic team in the league and have absolutely no guile or cutting edge at all. We have spent most of the season unable to create anything and that has to do with the inability to make cutting or creative passes. I'm not even sure we could add more steel to this lineup.

All things even I'd rather be a creative team that plays attacking football than a team full of steel. If we get LVG we will certainly shift much more towards players who possess technical ability as opposed to big impressive athletes.

We have to be the biggest most athletic team in the league and have absolutely no guile or cutting edge at all. We have spent most of the season unable to create anything and that has to do with the inability to make cutting or creative passes. I'm not even sure we could add more steel to this lineup.

All things even I'd rather be a creative team that plays attacking football than a team full of steel. If we get LVG we will certainly shift much more towards players who possess technical ability as opposed to big impressive athletes.

Not full of steel. Just enough so Eriksen, Lamela and Ade don't have to do any water carrying and build an understanding.

I'd question anyone who is a "Spurs fan" and wants us to be more like Stoke...
:adewtf:

With everybody, fit, and wanting to be here, under a decent manager,the only signings we need are one more striker, and a back up keeper:

GK: Lloris, New Keeper, Brad
DF: Walker, Naughton (RB) Vlad, Dawson, Jan, Kaboul (CB) BAE, Rose (LB)
MF: Lennon, Lamela, Sandro, Capoue, Holtby, Siggy, Dembele, Paulinho, Chadli, Bentaleb, Livermore, Carrol, Eriksen, Townsend
ST: Ade, Soldado, New Striker, Kane

New Manager

Fucking travesty the shit that a squad with that much talent/potential has been churning out this season.

50% split with manager and players at fault....I dont buy all this "they dont know what to do" bullshit.

Pass to eachother. Tackle the oppo. Defend. Take a good corner. Shoot.

Dont need a tactical genius to tell them certain things.
Kane not good enough so thats 2strikers required bae will not be returning so anothe lb required of the midfield only eriksen and sandro solid the rest all have question marks

Plus there is no guarantee that we will get lvg. Moyes will not manage manure next season. Its a proper shitfest

Kane not good enough so thats 2strikers required bae will not be returning so anothe lb required of the midfield only eriksen and sandro solid the rest all have question marks

Plus there is no guarantee that we will get lvg. Moyes will not manage manure next season. Its a proper shitfest

Never said LvG, just a new manager...

And Kane is more than good enough for 4th choice....

Cannot for a second begin to think about overhauling the midfield before we see what a decent manager can do with them.

We'll never know but it sounds like Levy never fully trusted AVB and they fell out in the summer over Bale, Baldini, signings etc

Realistically, if that was the case, AVB sounds like he may have dug hinself a hole that he wasnt realising here :

Should we have sold Bale? Fuck no, but he wanted to go and ENIC saw many shiny euros - but as manager of course you dont want to lose a player like that
Baldini - i dont think we will ever know the story here, but AVB wants him in as DoF (allegedly) and then they cant agree on things
Signings - going on from the above point if AVB and Baldini fell out we just arent going to know, but only Capoue and Pauline seem like AVB style players out of the 7 to me, possibly Eriksen and Soldado at a push

So it all adds up to "stuff he didnt want / stuff that wasnt in the deal when he started". All i hope for is that whoever is the next guy who comes in either has a working relationship with Baldini (i dont expect him to stay tbh) or is left to do his own thing... But with Levy in charge it aint gonna happen.

I'd be happy with no exits and only a LB and LW coming in. Maybe Ben Davies and Konoplyanka.

What this team really needs is to gel, to get to know one another a hell of a lot better and develop chemistry.

LvG would do that. I don't want us to come 5th now tbh, i feel we'd have a better shot at CL next year bypassing Europa League, much like Liverpool have this year. Liverpool will be there for the taking next year, most of their squad isn't well versed in Europe. Sterling, Henderson and Sturridge for instance may suffer loss of form in a first extensive CL year.Those are 3 key players for them.

If we don't get it next year I reckon we've lost our shot for the foreseeable future.

Agreed, I think we'll be better next year once the majority of the team have fully settled in.
We're more or less in the same position as last year aren't we?
And... It could be a lot worse - 6 places lower than last year, after a £60m plus net spend with the best defender already out of the door!!

This season has been quite stop / start for him and he hasn't been at his best for sure, what did you think of him last season before his injury?

I think Sandro is a top player. Id like a manger to come in and let him play like Yaya Toure.

Under Redknapp, he was always being told to hold back....I think now he is used to the PL, and matured a bit more, he can be more gung ho again....bursting forward, and playing a bit more like Dembele.

He's got a great shot on him, and can beat a man, and he can get back and tackle....should be more box to box.

These days, I see no difference between Sandro, Pauli and Bentaleb. They all have the same role, which is basically sitting in the middle and "breaking up play"......which none are doing very effectively.

Sandro is a wasted talent to just sit there, and when he's not allowed to take his own initiative, the game passes him by.

Agree with the injuries.......but nothing improved in the middle when he came back, and he's been fit for a good while now.

Back
Top Bottom