Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hark at Redknapp the prick. Doesn’t think we deserved to win. On another day we’d have had 6 the bitter weasel
The "deserving" game is a favourite of pundits and fans alike but it's really just a meaningless consolation verb that losers hide behind.

I can almost understand it if it's used concerning refereeing decisions, and I can see the reason behind it if it's because of many more big chances created (even though it's still wrong and meaningless.) But to say that a team deserved to win because they had more of the ball and made more precise passes is simply ridiculous.

This is not gymnastics or ice skating where you're given points for your performance. You win if you score more goals than the opponent, simple as. There's no aesthetic jury determining a deserving performance.

The positive is that we are winning games despite having so much room for improvement.

But if we don’t improve quickly we will not be able to keep winning games. Conte was spot on with what he said just now on Sky, we have to be braver on the ball and play with personality. We shouldn’t be afraid of making a mistake, not to the extent that it stops us from actually playing. Liverpool, City and Chelsea are not afraid to make a mistake.

Credit where it is due. Just read this on bbc…
Nottingham Forest’s starting XI for this game was made up of players who were all British, the first entirely UK starting XI for a Premier League game since Blackpool’s against Manchester United in May 2011.

The “spursy” bullshit would have been losing that game while playing well after the other 6 win.

We won with multiple goals and a clean sheet. We should all be quite happy today. I know I am.

The more Spurs fans cry about the way we have been playing and say soon it’s going to collapse and it’s not sustainable the more happy I am with their tears.

Richarlison didn't 'deserve' it or anything like that, but when you showboat at that kind of level, the opposition are going to be highly competitive guys who will not stand for it. I'd expect one of our players to react in exactly the same way, tbh.
No. If someone shows ability, then you should do your best to show that you have more ability. Fouling them in that way is like swiping the board game across the room because you're losing - it demonstrates pathetically weak character, not to mention far more 'lack of respect' than they were allegedly showing you.

Reminds me of Ronnie O'Sullivan once taking the six colours with his left hand, only for his opponent Alain Robidoux to complain afterwards in the press conference that it was disrespectful. O'Sullivan's response? "Maybe he should spend less time in press conferences and more time on the practice table, then he could do it too". Bang on.

Last edited:
Richarlison didn't 'deserve' it or anything like that, but when you showboat at that kind of level, the opposition are going to be highly competitive guys who will not stand for it. I'd expect one of our players to react in exactly the same way, tbh.
WTF????..

You'd expect one of our players to put in a potentially career ending challenge on a fellow professional.... Just because they hurt your feelings with a bit of keepie uppy???

Jesus Christ...... What a bunch of wankers the world has become.

How many times has Hoj given the ball away, 12 times...
Red Card No GIF by Bouygues Telecom

WTF????..

You'd expect one of our players to put in a potentially career ending challenge on a fellow professional.... Just because they hurt your feelings with a bit of keepie uppy???

Jesus Christ...... What a bunch of wankers the world has become.

There was absolutely nothing 'career ending' about the tackle whatsoever. It was so not career ending that the referee gave a yellow instead of a red.

He took him out in a non dangerous but painful way. There's no need to wet yourself over it.

Back
Top Bottom