Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with others we need to start rotating. Hopefully Conte will agree. I would save Perisic for the Spammers. Richardson and Bissouma should start. I am tempted to change more like Doherty and Lenglet but that would be too many.
Lloris,
Emerson, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Sess
Bissouma, Bentacur
Richardson, Kane, Son
we must use subs earlier to save players legs As the majority will play Wednesday.

TOTTEHAM??

Law And Order Luck GIF by Wolf Entertainment

No we haven’t.

We were by far better than Wolves in the second half, and much better than Southampton virtually all game.

Only the Chelsea game we were outplayed all game.

Why lie?
I’m not lying you cretin, it’s my opinion . Second half was even yday but we were outplayed in midfield *(*IN MY OPINION)

Conte wont drop Son, I think its too early. Should at least wait until champions league fixtures to do that which is only a few weeks away anyway. I'd rather use these early games to get Son back in form.

I agree with others we need to start rotating. Hopefully Conte will agree. I would save Perisic for the Spammers. Richardson and Bissouma should start. I am tempted to change more like Doherty and Lenglet but that would be too many.
Lloris,
Emerson, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Sess
Bissouma, Bentacur
Richardson, Kane, Son
we must use subs earlier to save players legs As the majority will play Wednesday.
And who is Richardson? Son of Richard?

Conte wont drop Son, I think its too early. Should at least wait until champions league fixtures to do that which is only a few weeks away anyway. I'd rather use these early games to get Son back in form.
Less "drop" more "rotate" or "rest". We play 3 games next week. Presumably the front 3 won't start all those games as they have been - maybe they will, I dunno what Conte is thinking.

Edit: I am not saying Son should be replaced on performances btw; he is world class and will turn it on and has been okay.

I think these are the games where effectively having 8 defensive minded players isn’t really necessary. We can still be balanced with a back 4 and blow teams away by maybe dropping kane a bit deeper and starting richarlison up top but taking out a centre back.
yea mate exactly that. we are playing the same players and system that works against city and liverpool, against teams we need to be really dominating. we got the players in the squad to do it.

the two CDM's in midfield really not necessary against the shithouses. we got a squad where we have a few options of what we could do to get us more on the front foot and dominate them sort of games.

Last edited:
yea mate exactly that. we are playing the same players and system that works against city and liverpool, against teams we need to be really dominating. we got the players in the squad to do it.

the two CDM's in midfield really not necessary against the shithouses. we got a squad where we have a few options of what we could do to get us more on the front foot and dominate them sort of games.
I think what Leeds are doing to Chelsea right now as we speak shows there's a predictability about us at the start of games and if we'd have been a bit more brave and gone for them we could of got at them.

I think what Leeds are doing to Chelsea right now as we speak shows there's a predictability about us at the start of games and if we'd have been a bit more brave and gone for them we could of got at them.
i do like the way we play against liverpool and city tho,proofs in the pudding with city anyway, you dont fight fire with fire with them.

maybe that is the plan from conte anyway is to have two ways of playing (counter and dominating). you dont pay 60m for richarlison to have him just as a rotator, surely the plan is hell be starting a lot of games with kane in games we wanna really stuff the opponent. i hope so anyway.

would like to see

---------------kane-----------rich----------------
-----------------------kulu-------------------------

could also have
---------son----------rich------
----------------kane

sons protected there in not having to be part of buildup too much in which hes fucking shit at.

Back
Top Bottom