Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s not about dropping it’s about rotating
"So Sonny, got some good news and some bad news...... Bad news....... Richie will be playing this Sunday....... Good news is......... you're being 'rotated'!"

What's that Sonny????? I can shove my what up my what??

You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you......

Yeah.... I'm sure Son would buy that.

:dembelelol:

"So Sonny, got some good news and some bad news...... Bad news....... Richie will be playing this Sunday....... Good news is......... you're being 'rotated'!"

People really think elite footballers will be ok with not playing if their told its a rotation instead. That excuse wont work until we play champions league games.

I’m sure he’ll take it like a man and get on with it.

Nobody should be guaranteed a place. End of.

If you think Son would throw his toys out the pram if he started a couple of games from the bench, you aren’t giving him enough credit.

P.S Shove your disagree up your bum you womble

People really think elite footballers will be ok with not playing if their told its a rotation instead. That excuse wont work until we play champions league games.

They fucking will be ok with it if they’re playing shit and their manager is Mr A. Conte.

This isn’t football manager where a player gets ‘unhappy’ after two games of being rested.

So you can shove your condescending tone right up your jacksie.

Well if we want to seriously compete we have to change things around and not just our weakest players and hope for something we need Sonny firing and he will but we have a good option in Richie and he has earned his chance to start .Over the last few years we are all seeing lads that seem tired and needing a break but no real options so have to persist . We have improved the squad so time to see how much .

84-A338-D1-E307-44-C9-AB8-B-FE1-A23-BB5-BF9.jpg

panini sticker book no issues with Forrest

Wait.... Peeps have been doing their nut about not having quality back-up for Kane/Son, but now they think Conte doesn't have the nuts to start Rich during a 2 game week?

What's that Hugo?

:llorisunsure: <<<<<< "Vous êtes tous fous"

Oh oui, mon capitaine..... Tout à fait!

We need to bash up the Spammers at the weekend so Rich (and Biss) should abso-fucking-lutely start!

After spending so long watching our set pieces come to nothing, I just wanted to note that we have scored from corners three matches in a row now. Not bad, eh?

Forest must be wary of that now.

all their signings will make them disjointed i hope, best time to play them when they still need to gel
Didn’t look disjointed yday ! How do you come to that conclusion? We have played virtually the same 11 since last season and we still look disjointed. Our play is sometimes like they have never trained together.

I don't think this'll be as easy as some people think. Yeah, they failed to beat a horrible Everton side today and lost their opening game to Newcastle but I thought they were absolutely electric against West Ham. Their home support was fantastic and they'll relish us coming to their place, raise their performance like it's a cup game.

Lloris
Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Hojbjerg - Bissouma - Perisic
Kulusevski - Kane - Richarlison
We play West Ham 3 days later, so I can see a change in midfield with Bissouma coming in for Bentancur and I can see Richarlison coming in for Son. I think we might see a change at right wing back with Doherty for Emerson but I got a feeling Conte will stick with his man.

I do think we'll pick up the win but I don't think it'll be pretty.

0-1
Kane
Ffs why do we always say every game is like facing prime barca. Surely they should be worried about us!

Bissouma's 8 minute cameo against Wolves leads me to conclude that he is not in contention for a start against Forest.

Perisic definitely proved his worth today. Total class act in the vein of Blanchflower and Gilzean and I think he is capable of attaining club status commensurate with those legends (very clever older players who always had a trick or two up their sleeves). I expect him to start against Forest.

I think Son has to be dropped. Richarlison deserves a start.
How do you come to that conclusion? We didn’t have too much possesion in the closing stages. Incredible you think his not ready. Why the fuck not. Anyway he would still be better than the current two in CM.

Back
Top Bottom