Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Less "drop" more "rotate" or "rest". We play 3 games next week. Presumably the front 3 won't start all those games as they have been - maybe they will, I dunno what Conte is thinking.

Edit: I am not saying Son should be replaced on performances btw; he is world class and will turn it on and has been okay.
Can’t get away from it … in Sons case it would be ‘dropped’. No matter colour ribbon you dress it

(I’m not for dropping him)

I think these are the games where effectively having 8 defensive minded players isn’t really necessary. We can still be balanced with a back 4 and blow teams away by maybe dropping kane a bit deeper and starting richarlison up top but taking out a centre back.
Exactly! This super coach plays a whole team without any real creativity. Our WBs this fat have been atrocious yet still persists with them. Hopefully perisic will change that and for the love of good play spence. No way can he be any worse than royal and doc who offer no pace at all so teams arnt worried.

We’ve been outplayed in 2/3 of our games because of it - he’s not stupid and will adapt if it continues
You sure? It was the sane last season in many games. Villa away first half, Brighton at home, soton home and away, Brentford. We creat f all in most of those ganes/halves with the sane tactics. This season it’s the sane and his changed nothing. His too stubborn and wants to bore teams and fans to death. Wish we could fit once play on the front foot for the off. I said before the wolves games we need to be on the front foot from the off. What do we do? Just fucking piss around with the ball at snail pace and have virtually 0 attempts in the first half. Wtf is that in the name of good. His never gonna change!

No we haven’t.

We were by far better than Wolves in the second half, and much better than Southampton virtually all game.

Only the Chelsea game we were outplayed all game.

Why lie?
His talking about the atrocious first half at home v wolves. We can’t be putting on performances like that for 60k fans at home!

yea mate exactly that. we are playing the same players and system that works against city and liverpool, against teams we need to be really dominating. we got the players in the squad to do it.

the two CDM's in midfield really not necessary against the shithouses. we got a squad where we have a few options of what we could do to get us more on the front foot and dominate them sort of games.
Agree with both but no way conte let’s the handbrake off unless we go a goal behind. In many ways it’s the same or worse the Jose’s tactics. Although the player a back 4. We now basically play 8 defenders. Shocking!

I think what Leeds are doing to Chelsea right now as we speak shows there's a predictability about us at the start of games and if we'd have been a bit more brave and gone for them we could of got at them.
Totally! Conte is too cautious plus we don’t even have the players to play the system he wants even after the summer purchase. Which for some reason he doesn’t even want to play and gives them 5 minutes. He needs to win a trophy with his tactics otherwise we are one of the worst teams to watch in the PL. EVeryone one I know who is not a spurs fan says this is not how spurs play. Yet some on here think this super manager whose tactics are not far removed from Pulis or big San thinks his goods gift. Long for the days when Harry’s team or poch”s team went for the jugular.

Totally! Conte is too cautious plus we don’t even have the players to play the system he wants even after the summer purchase. Which for some reason he doesn’t even want to play and gives them 5 minutes. He needs to win a trophy with his tactics otherwise we are one of the worst teams to watch in the PL. EVeryone one I know who is not a spurs fan says this is not how spurs play. Yet some on here think this super manager whose tactics are not far removed from Pulis or big San thinks his goods gift. Long for the days when Harry’s team or poch”s team went for the jugular.
If you’re comparing Conte with Pulis or Sam…you don’t understand football.

Shush

Going away to a newly promoted side is never easy early in the season, the fans/players are all well up for it & in the honeymoon phase. Really hoping we try to match that intensity as we've started slowly in all 3 games so far & vs Chelsea and Wolves our midfield was eaten alive.

3-1 win after a comeback.

A bit of bravery is all I ask.

We didn't change anything tactically in the second half against Wolves and we basically dominated them. The players just decided to show up and play with some bollocks unlike in the first half where there was a lack of composure and coolness.

Cooper is a good coach and he'll be studying us all week, no doubt but I'd expect Conte to earn his crust here. Nottm Forest, whilst they won't make it easy, are a team we should be putting away if we have aspirations of greater things this season.

Southampton couldn't deal with us on the opening day and they're a lot better than this lot.

Easy win against these mugs.

I'd like to see Lenglet introduced and we won't get many easier opportunities to do so. Davies can come back in against Spam on Wednesday.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Doherty --- Hojberg --- Bentancur --- Perisic
Kulu -- Kane -- Richarlison​

Easy win against these mugs.

I'd like to see Lenglet introduced and we won't get many easier opportunities to do so. Davies can come back in against Spam on Wednesday.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Doherty --- Hojberg --- Bentancur --- Perisic
Kulu -- Kane -- Richarlison​
would go with that side too, is romero going to be fit though. think we get far more productivity on the ball from that 11 than the 11 thats started last two games. doherty's runs will drag players and create space even if he doesnt get the ball himself, will free up space for kane or kulu.

looking forward to a start from lenglet too, going to be far more quality played out from the back with him there.

son also needs a rest it seems, needs some time out, never been a build up player but even his touch is fucking atrocious at the minute and he needs to know there are standards that have to be met now. no free rides!

Lloris
Romero* - Dier - Lenglet
Doherty - Bissouma - Hojbjerg - Perisic
Kulusevski - Richarlison
Kane
I'd like to see some rotation with a 3 day match week in place. Bentancur was superb vs Wolves, but we have depth for a reason. Son needs a match out, and it shows not everyones spot is secure. I'd also like to see Lenglet get some game time.

Forest fans will be right up for it, and the players will feed off that. Early goal is needed, and not a repeat of the first half performances from the Chelsea and Wolves games.

The only trouble with all these suggested tweaks to the starting line-up is you know what happens - we play like a bunch of strangers and then he has to bring 'the cavalry' on in the 2nd half, just to save the game.

I say start with the normal line-up, then mix it up in the second half, but earlier than has been the case lately. Bissouma & Richie could be very effective if brought on at 60 mins.

Back
Top Bottom