Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
My thoughts on the Tottenham midfield under Nuno moving forward.

Skipp and Hoijberg has to be the starting 2 in a 4231 and with everyone available my preference on who plays the 10 is:

1. Gio
2. Tanguy
3. Dele

My thoughts on the Tottenham midfield under Nuno moving forward.

Skipp and Hoijberg has to be the starting 2 in a 4231 and with everyone available my preference on who plays the 10 is:

1. Gio
2. Tanguy
3. Dele

Only thing I would add is we could burn out Skipp and Hojbjerg. Lo Celso can play deeper as a number 8 so sometimes we will need Lo Celso to cover Hojbjerg and Skipp rather than play 10. Not ideal but other than Winks who do we have.

This is exactly the kind of reason I could see other coaches decline the opportunity to be Spurs coach.

Pretty much confirms what we suspected. He's basically keeping the seat warm until next summer. Think he'd really have to exceed expectations to be our manager next season, maybe top 5 or a domestic cup. Not sure a 6th place would save him but guess it depends on the quality of football and who we think we can get next summer.

Redknapp was never supposed to last but he turned it around and got almost 4 years before fucking himself over. Twat. Sorry, still annoys me that he got so above himself.

Pretty much confirms what we suspected. He's basically keeping the seat warm until next summer. Think he'd really have to exceed expectations to be our manager next season, maybe top 5 or a domestic cup. Not sure a 6th place would save him but guess it depends on the quality of football and who we think we can get next summer.
Are we waiting on another manager to become available and nuno is the stop gap? Poch be gone from psg and then into us?

This is exactly the kind of reason I could see other coaches decline the opportunity to be Spurs coach.

Redknapp was never supposed to last but he turned it around and got almost 4 years before fucking himself over. Twat. Sorry, still annoys me that he got so above himself.
I don't see that in particular as the deal breaker, if the Man U job was available and they offered those terms there would still be plenty of candidates. There are other reasons why it's going to be difficult to get a quality coach.

True, i'm sure Redknapp was meant to be a short term fix but he fitted us perfectly, the style of football, the last minute transfers for cheaper players, getting the best out of creative players. Not sure Nuno will ever fit us in that way but you never know.

I don't see that in particular as the deal breaker, if the Man U job was available and they offered those terms there would still be plenty of candidates. There are other reasons why it's going to be difficult to get a quality coach.
United give their coaches ready made superstars. We give our coaches broken squads and barely enough money to keep the lights on.
You'd have 2 fun years as a United coach trying to make all the stars into a winning team.
You can't say that about Spurs.

Can anyone that keeps on bringing up Marcelo Gallardo provide any evidence whatsoever he'd be a success in the PL after coming from one of the biggest clubs in his country where he hasn't won anything for about 2 years in not the best league in the world?

I still think we have the personnel for 3 at the back and it's what Nuno knows. The idea that it's inherently defensive is bunk imo. Certainly worth a try more than going back to 4-3-3. Our depth with capable CBs is much better than our depth in midfield. Looked good today, but I'm not sure we have anyone else who can play as a holding 2 if PEH/Skipp get injured or need a rest.
We need to find a way with one DM, Skipp. I don’t think Nuno’s boss will allow 3 at the back

United give their coaches ready made superstars. We give our coaches broken squads and barely enough money to keep the lights on.
You'd have 2 fun years as a United coach trying to make all the stars into a winning team.
You can't say that about Spurs.
Exactly, that's much more of a deal breaker than not getting compensation for being sacked early.

Compare their CV's you wally.
A lot of people were praising Poch for some time and crediting him as having learned everything from Bielsa. Surely that makes Bielsa the better coach.
He's not won anthing with Leeds bar promotion.

But I would say he's probably got them punching above their weight. Many would see that as success even if it is 10th place in the league again.

Given our current plight, I'm not sure what we would rate success at anymore. And I'm not sure the fans idea of success matches either the players ideals or the owners.

The 2 most successful coaches in the premier league era both came from far weaker leagues though. Just throw that out there.

Laughing at the idea not winning anything for two years. (having won the lot ,should be a concern). Especially when your club continuously sell your best players.

Id be chuffed with either Gallardo or Potter. For the record Boca Juniors are the biggest club in Argentina. As for the oddly bankrupt idea that ANY appointment can guarantee success well the respective appointments of the "winner" Mourinho and the second choice Pochettino at Spurs put that to bed. Also I'm pretty sure the majority of the fan base are comfortably in a place where the quality of the football we play is paramount. I honestly think it always was but Levy seems not to understand his own club despite the DNA talk.

Back
Top Bottom