Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
To us maybe, but Wolves have been a mess since he left them.
I have wolves mates who are genuinely thrilled he might be coming back

Billie Eilish Wtf GIF by The Academy Awards

They were in a mess in his last season, which is why they sacked him.
That was during the soulless time of no fans in stadiums and they also lost Jimenez, their best player to a fractured skull.

He also got them to successive 7th place finishes and a Europa League quarter final, most Wolves fans would bite your hand off for that right now.

They also didn't sack him, his contract expired and they didn't renew it.

I personally don't think he is as bad as a lot of people make out based on how he was with us. I feel for him a bit, given the shambles of that offseason where we tried signing every manager under the sun before desperately settling for him. Can't exactly be a great start to your tenure knowing you were about 8th choice.

I personally don't think he is as bad as a lot of people make out based on how he was with us. I feel for him a bit, given the shambles of that offseason where we tried signing every manager under the sun before desperately settling for him. Can't exactly be a great start to your tenure knowing you were about 8th choice.
We had a -6 GD in our 10 league games with nuno. That’s a negative in there. Which means our 15 point return out of 30 was extremely generous. We had gone close to 3 consecutive games without a shot on target.

We lost to Ferrari Tacos and Vitesse in Europa Conference League.

It was bad. Was it all Nino’s fault? Maybe not, but he was a terrible fit and Conte turned it around with only a few signings.

He was being undermined in his job from day 1, was told to play attacking football and had Kane who was still sulking BUT no-one's going to forget about Woolwich away, Palace away where out xg was 0.09 or something like that, Utd at home when he took off Lucas, no shots for 3 matches, Vitesse away etc...just an awful appointment all round, it was more like a social experiment that went badly wrong.

Nuno was not the right match for this club in any way. His principles of football weren’t right for us, he had no winning pedigree, he is a very distant and dull personality. I don’t think the players enjoyed working for him at all and as fans there was nothing to latch onto.

I think for a certain type of club he can do a job but definitely not at the top level. His insane “attacking” tactics away at Woolwich were the football equivalent of Liz Truss, bending his principles beyond breaking point because he knows he cannot do what he actually wants to do and park the bus.

Levy’s stupid statement about returning to attacking football hamstrung Nuno from day one because that is not the way he sees the game. Asking a manager to compromise their vision of football never works, you should hire someone whose ideas fit the club, not try and force them to play a style they don’t believe in. It can never work.

Back
Top Bottom