Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Anyone else feel bad that we kind of fucked up this guy's managerial career?

I've said before, I feel no ill will towards Nuno, he was thrown into the deep end of a pool when he couldn't swim.

He fucked himself. He didn’t have to take the job. He chose to take it and showed everyone he is a terrible manager. He will never get a job in a top league again.

Just for the selection and tactics against Woolwich away he deserves to be sent to The Hague. Any football person who watched that game will have immediately erased his name from their list of potential managers.

I've said before, I feel no ill will towards Nuno, he was thrown into the deep end of a pool when he couldn't swim.

Nah, he's a subpar manager with no discernible play-style, he would've been 'found out' regardless of whether he joined us or not. He did an OK job at Wolves but even they wanted to move past him, so his true level is at best bottom half teams comfortable playing dour football.

He seems a nice enough bloke & I wish him well for the rest of his career, but his managerial career taking a nosedive isn't the fault of Spurs.

Feel bad? The guy is still getting paid millions of pounds by Levy to do nothing as compensation.

Why's he going there? Didn't think he was that shit that he couldn't get a job managing a proper club. I know there's probably a wheelbarrow load of money involved but still.

Must be paying him good money. Thought I'd see him resurface at a Portuguese club next.

Animated GIF

Nuno right now.

He was set up to fail here. Fans wanted an attacking manager after Mourinho. They were promised one by that bullshit letter Levy penned to the fans. Then we hired a guy known for building a defensive, counter attacking team. It was Jose MKII without the glamour, he never had the faith of the board or the fans, probably never the players either.

A decent guy. Not an awful manager & will probably do ok at Wolves. I wish him well.

Back
Top Bottom