Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
very difficult one to address, especially midseason, to be fair.

It could also just as been an anomaly, couldn't say they had a striker good enough to replace him and certain;y not as good in the air, not a forte of Traore's for example. They had many other injuries that year too, maybe one or two of those not available was also key for them at defending aerials in the box???

Or it could be the case that everyone was just mentally unable to win a header following the incident, perhaps oppo scouts noticed this and started pumping even more high balls into the box, which artificially inflated the stats???
Your last paragraph is the point I'm making. And it is pretty easy to address with physiological expertise. They were in shock it rattled and inhibited them, a decent coach would have expected it as an outcome.

Your last paragraph is the point I'm making. And it is pretty easy to address with physiological expertise. They were in shock it rattled and inhibited them, a decent coach would have expected it as an outcome.
Maybe, but it's all circumspect so 2+2=5 stuff. Could be nail on the head but equally way off the mark.

I would probably lean towards the side that they were affected, given some of the stats I mentioned previously and Nuno's emotional state in that interview. But without being there what's to say that Nuno's emotional state was what the players needed to galvanize them, show them, prove to them that he's on their side and manager to fight for etc etc...??

It's weird to me when you watch something like this and then realise that we continued to practice heading in training.

I have just watched this documentary, very well done IMO.
It is obvious that this had a profound effect on Nuno, as it would have on any human being. Thank goodness for the excellent medical support surrounding PL games, the immediate treatment undoubtedly saved Raul's life.

Just thinking about him again. What the fuck were the club thinking appointing him. He’s got to go down as one of the worst ever managerial appointments. On a par with Christian Gross for me. He’d have hated that first half tonight, far too exciting for him.

Just thinking about him again. What the fuck were the club thinking appointing him. He’s got to go down as one of the worst ever managerial appointments. On a par with Christian Gross for me. He’d have hated that first half tonight, far too exciting for him.

And Terry Neil

I still shudder thinking about the crap he served up

That was a weird 3-4 months as if none of it ever actually happened, he will be long in the distant memory

Remember the Palace match, me neither but then I remembered we had a game where our xg was 0.10, that was it.

Nuno made us proud that day :nunothumb:
You remembered a game due to xG?

Wow.
Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

Back
Top Bottom