Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
There were also unique stats going around that following his injury Wolves didn't(?) score a headed goal for the rest of the season and they conceded many goals from Corners and set-pieces that were scored by oppo headers! they didn't concede prior!
That tells me a fair bit about the coach, because you would see this as a very obvious outcome of the incident and addressed it....

That tells me a fair bit about the coach, because you would see this as a very obvious outcome of the incident and addressed it....
very difficult one to address, especially midseason, to be fair.

It could also just as been an anomaly, couldn't say they had a striker good enough to replace him and certain;y not as good in the air, not a forte of Traore's for example. They had many other injuries that year too, maybe one or two of those not available was also key for them at defending aerials in the box???

Or it could be the case that everyone was just mentally unable to win a header following the incident, perhaps oppo scouts noticed this and started pumping even more high balls into the box, which artificially inflated the stats???

Your last paragraph is the point I'm making. And it is pretty easy to address with physiological expertise. They were in shock it rattled and inhibited them, a decent coach would have expected it as an outcome.
Maybe, but it's all circumspect so 2+2=5 stuff. Could be nail on the head but equally way off the mark.

I would probably lean towards the side that they were affected, given some of the stats I mentioned previously and Nuno's emotional state in that interview. But without being there what's to say that Nuno's emotional state was what the players needed to galvanize them, show them, prove to them that he's on their side and manager to fight for etc etc...??

This also would give massive credence to the theory that Nuno was a willing go-between until we could get Conte through the door.....

Hard to imagine he'd be willing to return this early otherwise..... Especially for a youth role?

Maybe he left Wolves with a very different perspective on his career and this was the endgame of our negotiations with Nuno in the summer?
Can he even speak? Communicate?

Lazy fucking appointment unless the bald bum is working for free. Plenty of better options in non league football than that ducking tramp

You know I've watched a lot of his interactions with the press since he was booted. I've zero proof but have started to seriously consider that he is not a patsy ala Oswald but an active participant in a scam. He knows he has no long term future and was always sat in the seat clear in the knowledge Conte is the manager. All he doesn't know is for how long he is supposed to pretend. Something weird and fake about all of it. The whole botched recruitment is a scam. It was always Conte but they couldn't line up the when. Some of the preparatory dirty work like Hart was part of what they paid him for. I bet he will NEVER go public putting the boot in because he knew his job.

Like you say, we'll likely never know for sure, but that's not to far from what my gut has been telling me....

Anyone else feel bad that we kind of fucked up this guy's managerial career?

I've said before, I feel no ill will towards Nuno, he was thrown into the deep end of a pool when he couldn't swim.

Must be paying him good money. Thought I'd see him resurface at a Portuguese club next.

Back
Top Bottom