OK, enough's enough.... The Sol Campbell stuff needs to stop!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right then, this ain't gonna go down well, I realise, so disagree all you want...

But after today, hearing pre-pubescent boys singing "Jelly and Ice Cream, when Sol Campbell dies" made me sad today...

a) 'cos they probably weren't alive when he did what he did...

and b) it was over TWENTY YEARS AGO.... we sound like bitter, small minded cunts now....

He did what he did, and I hate him.
BUT..... he's DEAD to me....

don't get me wrong, I despise him, and his warped, self obsessed weird little crazy mind.... but he has no influence on my life now, 'cos he managed to ruin it 20+ years ago, and I won't let his smug, sociopath, warped little confused scum cunt face continue to haunt me now....

We need to drop it.... He should be dead to us.... HE IS DEAD TO US!

Singing Sol Campbell Songs for so much of the game today, made us look like shall minded, jilted ex's who just can't let go...

We're the weird one that turns up at an exes funeral, eating Jelly and Ice Cream... It's just not right....

Disagree all you want, I'm sticking to this.

I won't mention his name (same as I won't utter the name of the club he defected to... 'cos neither are worthy of my breath!

There, I said it.

Save your Jelly and Ice cream for a GENUINE occasion worth celebrating!

Of course kids singing that sort of thing is wrong. Wouldn't be my approach either, he's a wanker but I don't wish death on him or anything that pathetic. However, the guy makes his own problems, his lack of awareness to come out and acknowledge that he took a massive shit on this club certainly won't help his cause. He has done nothing to help himself, he has mostly added fuel to the flames if anything.

Right then, this ain't gonna go down well, I realise, so disagree all you want...

But after today, hearing pre-pubescent boys singing "Jelly and Ice Cream, when Sol Campbell dies" made me sad today...

a) 'cos they probably weren't alive when he did what he did...

and b) it was over TWENTY YEARS AGO.... we sound like bitter, small minded cunts now....

He did what he did, and I hate him.
BUT..... he's DEAD to me....

don't get me wrong, I despise him, and his warped, self obsessed weird little crazy mind.... but he has no influence on my life now, 'cos he managed to ruin it 20+ years ago, and I won't let his smug, sociopath, warped little confused scum cunt face continue to haunt me now....

We need to drop it.... He should be dead to us.... HE IS DEAD TO US!

Singing Sol Campbell Songs for so much of the game today, made us look like shall minded, jilted ex's who just can't let go...

We're the weird one that turns up at an exes funeral, eating Jelly and Ice Cream... It's just not right....

Disagree all you want, I'm sticking to this.

I won't mention his name (same as I won't utter the name of the club he defected to... 'cos neither are worthy of my breath!

There, I said it.

Save your Jelly and Ice cream for a GENUINE occasion worth celebrating!
I hear you. It has gone a bit Harry and Megan with some people. He's ridiculous enough but I genuinely don't think about the man.

Wishing death on anyone over football is weird. He's an irrelevance now to football, just stick to laughing at how pathetic he looks demanding OBE's or whatever..

I posted we should blank him in the Judas thread. I honestly think becoming irrelevant will ultimately upset him more , he would sooner be disliked than dismissed in my opinion . Time to forget about him

Bouncy castle when....
Pass the parcel when....
Musical chairs when....
Tail on the Donkey when....
That's a LOT of organising to do!!

But yeah, I hear ya!

I just wish he STILL didn't have such a hold on our fanbase...

They wheeled out Pat Jennings CBE at HT today... At least he had the decency to join 'them' when they were shit!

Imagine the hilarious reaction if they'd brought out "ex-Spurs and Pompey" Captain Sulzeer Campbell instead at HT today?!

That's a LOT of organising to do!!

But yeah, I hear ya!

I just wish he STILL didn't have such a hold on our fanbase...

They wheeled out Pat Jennings CBE at HT today... At least he had the decency to join 'them' when they were shit!

Imagine the hilarious reaction if they'd brought out "ex-Spurs and Pompey" Captain Sulzeer Campbell instead at HT today?!

Personally I haven't sung the Sol, Sol or We're having a Party songs for as long as I can remember. Do sing the Oh Sol Cambell i wanna know one occasionally though.

I wish I could let go completely, but when the Pompey supporters sang when he went up to lift the FA Cup, it still felt like a stab to the heart. I don't sing the songs but still want to punch his lights out whenever his ugly mug comes into view.

Those of us who remember Campbell's career at Spurs will never forgive him for what he did to us.

He kicked us while we were down.

What many forget is how utterly shit Campbell was at the start of his career.

He was one of the worst young centre forwards I have ever seen representing the club. He was truly hopeless.

He was a tall, strong athlete with very little footballing ability. Terrible first touch.

Sol Campbell, as a striker, made Carlton Cole look like Pele.

Spurs persevered with him, after his initial masquerade as a centre forward, and gave the prick a chance by integrating him into the team as a left back.

Gary Mabbutt babysat him and talked him through each game; step by step.

The supporters gave him vocal support for the same reasons we love Harry Kane.

Campbell eventually began to fill in all across the back line under Mabbutt's guidance.

Campbell did not become a great player overnight. It took several seasons.

He replaced Mabbutt as club captain. He held that role at the time he walked across the NLD divide.

Spurs management, coaching staff, playing staff and supporters played a huge role in making Sol Campbell the player he became.

I'm not sure who mentored Campbell on personal integrity and moral perspective.

Sol Campbell understood the gravity of what he did.

He needs to own it.

Last edited:
Personally I haven't sung the Sol, Sol or We're having a Party songs for as long as I can remember. Do sing the Oh Sol Cambell i wanna know one occasionally though.
Oh don't get me wrong....
When the Pompey fans piped up with; "When Sol, went up, to lift the FA cup, we were there, we were there...." chant today, the only logical, obvious response for me was;

"When Sol... was just... an utter fucking cunt, we were there, we were there!"

But weirdly, it didn't catch on....

Still don't want him dead though... I'd rather be live out his days long enough to truly 'get it' ....barely getting by, suffering in painful lonely regret, wondering why half of North London genuinely despised him!!
That's worse than an early death, surely?

If he died, he'd simply be free of the guilt, and never truly understand the true implications of his actions.... regardless of how much Jelly and Ice Cream we consume at his funeral!

Fuck that.... let the cunt suffer as long as possible!

(How's THAT?)

Last edited:
Oh don't get me wrong....
When the Pompey fans piped up with; "When Sol, went up, to lift the FA cup, we were there, we were there...." chant today, the only logical, obvious response for me was;

"When Sol... was just... an utter fucking cunt, we were there, we were there!"

But weirdly, it didn't catch on....
Shame you weren't near me, I might have joined in!!
Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

Back
Top Bottom