Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need 20 players each match and with injuries at least 24 players. People moan about the strength of the squad but we cannot afford him to go on loan. Conte needs to use subs better and rotate to keep all those that are good enough for the 1st team fit. This includes Skipp. He should play Saturday and start coming on in the 2nd half as a sub in more matches. He did his loan stint at Norwich but those days are behind him.

Yep, useless hider. How people can think he’s a leader is laughable
That's harsh he isn't that bad. But I agree he is an active part of some of our negatives despite the goals and assists he is not a leader. He like Dier looks assertive so people just go with the perception but he's very often a yard off the pace of games and despite great stamina is poor at breaking up play. He is actually better further forward not in the engine room. I get exactly why he starts so much he is a consistent player but against any elite midfield he gets found out I worry for him in the NLD he will struggle against party. He's a good squad option but against top six sides we need a we'd bit better.

Last edited:
He's been very solid the last two games, even if he should have scored that absolute sitter earlier today. Him and Sarr look plenty physical and skilled enough to hold their own against all but perhaps the highest level CM talent. Suddenly it feels like we have great depth and potential here again.

I hope Conte feels comfortable really pushing the physical demands for CM position, extending his rotation, and giving Skipp and Sarr major minutes in the prem/CL games to come. It makes sense to try and make use of all this talent and depth even if/when we return to full health.

We need 20 players each match and with injuries at least 24 players. People moan about the strength of the squad but we cannot afford him to go on loan. Conte needs to use subs better and rotate to keep all those that are good enough for the 1st team fit. This includes Skipp. He should play Saturday and start coming on in the 2nd half as a sub in more matches. He did his loan stint at Norwich but those days are behind him.
He's definitely past the loan stage of his career. He's ready to be a PL starter. Give him to a team like Brentford or Brighton and with regular game time he'd be seen as one of the bright prospects of English football.

He's been very solid the last two games, even if he should have scored that absolute sitter earlier today. Him and Sarr look plenty physical and skilled enough to hold their own against all but perhaps the highest level CM talent. Suddenly it feels like we have great depth and potential here again.

I hope Conte feels comfortable really pushing the physical demands for CM position, extending his rotation, and giving Skipp and Sarr major minutes in the prem/CL games to come. It makes sense to try and make use of all this talent and depth even if/when we return to full health.

That's one thing I like about him.
He has started to make these forward runs more. I think that goal would have given him confidence to do it more...

But other than this and few other moments, I felt he was not imposing enough against such kind of team. It was League One in the end.

Anyway, with Benta, PEH, Bissouma, Skippy and Sarr coupled with Son awful form and injury issues to Kulu, Richie and Moura I really hope we switch permanently to 3-5-2 going forward. And hope that it gives Skippy and Sarr more time (+protects our defense more).

I like Skipp but no question he was better last season pre injury compared to since he’s returned from injury.

You can tell he’s a player that generally knows where the right pass is and that’s something I value a lot.

I would say he’s similar to PEH in almost everything… but a bit more aggressive defensively and a much worse scorer.

Come a few years from now, I expect him to be a bit better than PEH in all areas except equal in assisting and worse in scoring. He’s just better technically than PEH and less passive defensively.

I like Skipp but no question he was better last season pre injury compared to since he’s returned from injury.

You can tell he’s a player that generally knows where the right pass is and that’s something I value a lot.

I would say he’s similar to PEH in almost everything… but a bit more aggressive defensively and a much worse scorer.

Come a few years from now, I expect him to be a bit better than PEH in all areas except equal in assisting and worse in scoring. He’s just better technically than PEH and less passive defensively.

I agree.
But I have to say - I would take a midfielder who is better under pressure and making accurate passes in tight situations over midfielder who scores bit more.

Nothing bad meant towards PEH with that though - this season we have had only Harry scoring so it has been much needed. But going forward it has to change.

I agree.
But I have to say - I would take a midfielder who is better under pressure and making accurate passes in tight situations over midfielder who scores bit more.

Nothing bad meant towards PEH with that though - this season we have had only Harry scoring so it has been much needed. But going forward it has to change.
Oh wow some who gets the goals are not actually the most important part of what will make us a good side. I like the bloke but it absolutely has to change as you have said.

Same dude who said Porro deal was a long way off from being finished minutes before everybody else confirms it’s going through. He hasn’t been right about anything in ages. Disgrace.
The only disgrace is you, as usual.

You haven't a clue how this particular twitter account works do you??

100%. Decent little DM, zips the ball about better, always scanning and tracks his runners

PEH can fuck off, hopefully Chelsea or the Goons come in for him
Yeah, Skipp is no Kulu but feel there's an intelligence to his game that just isn't there with PEH. Really good situational awareness, even if he's not quite as nimble on the ball like Benta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom