Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could be sent on loan, apparently.

That injury lay-off last season was a real setback for him, he needs regular football to get back to his best. We could probably afford to lose him for half a season as long as Sarr stays.

Good shout. He does. Looked to me like Sarr was now the preferred and more trusted option after the principle 3 in midfield.

Skipp looks decent and might just need the confidence and benefit of a sustained run in a PL side.

No sense dropping a league as that proves nothing and he and we know he is better than that.

It's also possible a 2-man midfield doesn't get the best out of him, so move on and see which direction the club go in the summer in terms of style and manager.

I know players need to play but we also need players to be there for when we get injuries and they then need to be ready to take their opportunity. The best example of that was Bale who could not get in the team until there was an injury and he then took that opportunity by storm and became the player many believed he could be. Now Skipp is not in Bale’s league but an injury to one if the other midfielders could open the door to him establishing himself as first choice. Yes he could get very little action but better that than we struggle due to lack of midfielders. He is not in the position of Gil or Spence who both still need to prove them selves.

I fucking hate Levy for letting us get into a position where Oliver Skipp needs to go on loan to get game time. It's shameful mismanagement of beloved homegrown talent.

It’s not Levy’s fault that Skipp was injured for 10 months. He is clearly not the same player he was before the injury.

A loan for the second half of the season makes sense, he needs to recover and the only way is regular football. He has four players ahead of him in the pecking order here and it will be hard for him to start matches.

Skipp had a great loan at Norwich, played regularly when fit last season, signed a new deal in the summer. He has not been mismanaged. He has just been unlucky.

I wish we'd loan more players out tbh.
I'm fed up with hearing how all these players who can't get in our team are so great from people who have probably only seem them play against little boys.

Send out and see how they do at 1, 2 even 3 clubs by the the time they're 21-22
Skipp, at 22.5 years old has a grand total of 86 league games. Almost half in the Championship.
He'd be better off on loan, for him and for us.

I fucking hate Levy for letting us get into a position where Oliver Skipp needs to go on loan to get game time. It's shameful mismanagement of beloved homegrown talent.
I don't think we can blame it on Levy. When Skipp got injured last season, it could have completely ended our season if Benta hadn't come in.

Bissouma was also a good signing.

The fact that Conte trusts PEH over pretty much anyone else in the squad is the real issue IMO.

Injuries at key times are what fucked Skippy.

Sad, but blaming it on Levy is a bit of a wild take.

I know Airfixx- it's like all these things are so far out of Levy's hands- it's like he has no control over the club. He's just an innocent victim, isn't he?

Debate; don't be a dick.

(You got 5 or 6 people all saying it's a poor take.... Maybe they are all 'bots' yeh? :harrysmile:)

It's even worse- he picks the coach.
No matter which coach he picks they'll all do something dumb, there's only so much he can do about it. Few better coaches than Conte around, and Levy absolutely should not meddle in team selection and tactics.

I dislike Levy as much as the next person but he has nothing to do with Skipp’s development. A combination of injuries and Pochettino not loaning him is why he hasn’t developed as much as we would have liked. Jose of all people was the best thing for his career as he sent him to Norwich for the season. If Conte persists with 2 in midfield then he should have been loaned out this window, if he plays with a 3 then Skipp is needed.

I dislike Levy as much as the next person but he has nothing to do with Skipp’s development. A combination of injuries and Pochettino not loaning him is why he hasn’t developed as much as we would have liked. Jose of all people was the best thing for his career as he sent him to Norwich for the season. If Conte persists with 2 in midfield then he should have been loaned out this window, if he plays with a 3 then Skipp is needed.

bk_spur bk_spur - Objectivity or just another bot?

I think he’s far too overrated. Did it ever occur to yous that the season he had at Norwich in the championship, he looked really good because that’s his level. Can’t ever deny is commitment and professionalism. He has a great attitude but he’s not a top 4 club midfielder. Not for me anyway.

I think he’s far too overrated. Did it ever occur to yous that the season he had at Norwich in the championship, he looked really good because that’s his level. Can’t ever deny is commitment and professionalism. He has a great attitude but he’s not a top 4 club midfielder. Not for me anyway.
Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom