Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought along with Gedson finally doing something productive, Parrott showing he can definitely play some more minutes, 19yo Skipp was the biggest plus. Great engine - 120 minutes against a PL team, no midfielder on the pitch got through more ball (82 touches, 65 passes, 91%) showed good tenacity and ability to snap at heels ( 3 tackles 2 interceptions) and the tactical street smart to bring down their player when they were about to dangerously break on us (something we failed to do several times against Wolves).

How this kid hasn't seen more game time is fucking baffling.

Confirmation, if any were needed, that Norwich City and its fans really liked having Oliver Skipp this season

Only third place? Clearly wasn't an online poll then.

source.gif

If you followed Skippy at Norwich last year he started with them in a very similar way, he barely crossed the halfway line before Xmas it was only when Norwich became a dominant force, and when teams started parking the bus against them, that Skippy occasionally ventured forward, come April he was almost playing as a second box-to-box midfielder, even managing a goal and an assist.

Right now shielding the back four with Hojbjerg is what has transformed our defence, but as we face more buses don't be surprised to see Skippy getting a bit more adventurous, he definitely has it in his game.

He's like the anti-winks, anti-Ndombele, anti-Lo Celso, and that's why I love him.

He's a physical presence in the midfield without being a simple brute. Doesn't try to showboat to the detriment of the team, but doesn't hide either. He also makes VERY FEW unforced errors. I can only recall one truly horrible screw up, which lead to his yellow.

And if he does make an error. He's busting his arse to get back to rectify it. I'll take that.

Have to mention how great the interception was for the goal too. Came out a fair bit of distance to win the ball in front of Felix.

Took the fight to the chavs.

Back
Top Bottom