Online 1882?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seriously though, we are a bunch of no marks, discussing a game where 11 men kick a bit of leather round on some grass..and the best thing? Nothing we say has any bearing on anything.
I thought you were the King of all Fans and we are just the plebs looking up to your guiding light?

You need to get Bobby the Sandwich to start posting. Get yourself a little cabal of real men to show us numpties how supporting a club is really done.

*think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts*

Seriously though, we are a bunch of no marks, discussing a game where 11 men kick a bit of leather round on some grass..and the best thing? Nothing we say has any bearing on anything.

How c*ntish are we?

I disagree.

Firstly, the obvious (and already quoted) example of the fake ITK on twitter. The usual attention seeking pillock, by chance called the Borini transfer. As a result his club (Roma?) who had asked Liverpool to be discreet bumped the price by a million as punishment. So incensed was the Liverpool comms director he had a PI track down the tweeter so he could bully him into giving up his sources (his imagination).

Quite clearly things said online by no marks can have serious consequences.

Secondly, and more importantly IMO, places like this can help foster a positive atmosphere or a negative one - either or which finds its way back to the ground on a matchday.

Being a fan is tribalism, its a pack mentality. People can now rejoin their pack outside of matchdays on sites like this and pick up on the overriding vibes. Sounds a bit wishy washy but I genuinely believe a positive atmosphere here can help create one at WHL as well.

And at no point am I talking about enforcing rules or censorship, its more just a desire for a slightly differet mindset

didn-t-read-lol-l.gif

The OP did make an excellent point in that it appears to be entirely acceptable to dig in to some of our players (Clint Dempsey apparently being an arrogant prick, Kyle Walker being thick) but the second the overall performance of the team, or the direction we are taking is called into question, you're a knee jerking glory hunter.

It would be great if we're all grown up enough to agree to differ, but we don't appear to be. There's some extremely thinly veiled mentions made of individual posters on here (I assume these are the "negative" ones) not being able to accept an argument. This has to swing both ways and the "positive under all circumstances" posters can also accept they may not know everything too.

If everyone here agreed, this place would be utter shite. Thank fuck we don't.

The OP did make an excellent point in that it appears to be entirely acceptable to dig in to some of our players (Clint Dempsey apparently being an arrogant prick, Kyle Walker being thick) but the second the overall performance of the team, or the direction we are taking is called into question, you're a knee jerking glory hunter.

I think that's because we know that Kyle Walker can do better as we've seen him do it, we've also seen Dempsey have good games for Fulham.........the team as a whole we don't know about - it's an entirely different squad to last year........there's little point in writing AVB and the team off until we've seen his idea of what the team should be

That means sticking by him until at least players like Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto and Parker are actually available for selection and maybe even another couple of transfer windows to see how his team shapes up.

I thought you were the King of all Fans and we are just the plebs looking up to your guiding light?

You need to get Bobby the Sandwich to start posting. Get yourself a little cabal of real men to show us numpties how supporting a club is really done.

Dont hate just because I know a few of the "old faces" down at the lane fella. Fair enough I carry a bit more sway in real life than the rest but on the interflibble? Im just another drop in a sea of c*nts.

I think that's because we know that Kyle Walker can do better as we've seen him do it, we've also seen Dempsey have good games for Fulham.........the team as a whole we don't know about - it's an entirely different squad to last year........there's little point in writing AVB and the team off until we've seen his idea of what the team should be

That means sticking by him until at least players like Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto and Parker are actually available for selection and maybe even another couple of transfer windows to see how his team shapes up.
So we can judge players based on a handful of appearances, also on their previously lofty standards, but not the team on the same performances?

I'm well aware we were away to the champions on Sunday, but still would question our tactics and substitutions. I'm no football manager, so AVB certainly knows better than I do, it just doesn't make me any less Spurs to ask questions.

I understand there's a settling in period for a team with so many new faces, but the same is true for our new players. Don't they deserve a bit of the positive intent presently being lumped upon our manager?

It would be great if we're all grown up enough to agree to differ, but we don't appear to be. There's some extremely thinly veiled mentions made of individual posters on here (I assume these are the "negative" ones) not being able to accept an argument. This has to swing both ways and the "positive under all circumstances" posters can also accept they may not know everything too.

If everyone here agreed, this place would be utter shite. Thank fuck we don't.
The real problem with this place is all the grumpy scotsmen. :avbdamn::crouch:

I understand there's a settling in period for a team with so many new faces, but the same is true for our new players. Don't they deserve a bit of the positive intent presently being lumped upon our manager?

Yes, but the quick fix to remedy a perceived failure in each case is a very different proposition.

Walker can just be dropped for a few weeks and come back a better player.........there are people seriously suggesting we should change managers - forgive me if I chuck a bit of perhaps unwarranted positivity and belief in AVB around to try to temper that for the time being.....

Yes, but the quick fix to remedy a perceived failure in each case is a very different proposition.

Walker can just be dropped for a few weeks and come back a better player.........there are people seriously suggesting we should change managers - forgive me if I chuck a bit of perhaps unwarranted positivity and belief in AVB around to try to temper that for the time being.....
Any mention I've made to AVB was pretty much angry shorthand. He does need time and nobody is long term successful without long term stability. Suggesting he needs to go already is a bit mental, I just hope he can start to show why he is so highly rated. Evidence so far is sketchy at best, but nothing a wee unbeaten run won't fix.

And some attacking verve.

All I want is for us to win every match and play beautiful football. My bubble is presently being fucking burst, hence my grumpiness.

Any mention I've made to AVB was pretty much angry shorthand. He does need time and nobody is long term successful without long term stability. Suggesting he needs to go already is a bit mental, I just hope he can start to show why he is so highly rated. Evidence so far is sketchy at best, but nothing a wee unbeaten run won't fix.

And some attacking verve.

All I want is for us to win every match and play beautiful football. My bubble is presently being fucking burst, hence my grumpiness.
I reckon a lot of people just look at the run Redknapp went on when he came in and expect exactly the same from AVB, despite no midfield playmaker, fewer strikers and otherwise injuryed players. But that doesn't strike me as the only issue of debate in the online community. If anything the questions over AVB seem like a relatively new issue (although does coincide with Lister's frustrations I suppose).

Back
Top Bottom