Other clubs you have a soft spot for

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Used to follow Lazio because of Gazza , had multiple shirts down the years but don't really watch them that much anymore.
Agree with Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite about the smaller London clubs (don't have a problem with any of them )

Luton. I've been to a few games there over the years because of friends/family. They've fought their way up from the conference to the top three of the championship in quite a short space of time.

Old school ground where the fans are in the player's faces. Right up close. I mean you can ping the elastic on their shorts if you're so inclined.

That said, if they do make it to the PL, I'd want Spurs to piss on their boaters and leave them cowering in the corner.
Ping the elastic on their shorts…….
6-B4-ABD63-08-D0-48-D0-AFCA-3-DDAEBA886-E1.gif

Just got a West Didsbury & Chorlton A.F.C. scarf from a mate who's been. after a google I understood they come from Chorlton-cum-hardy which makes them instantly my favorites.

Last edited:
So what other clubs does everyone have a soft spot for, you can say as many or as few as you want.

A couple for myself here:

Bolton Wanderers

Of course I like most here will never forget the day that Fabrice Muamba pretty much died for a time on our own pitch, but aside from that, to me they're a suffering club right now who don't deserve it, they're had to deal with horribly managed finances, only just surviving almost going out of business in 2019, which really shows what can happen when you fall from the Premier League.

Hell, in 2008 they were going to the now Allianz Arena and grinding out a 2-2 draw against BAYERN MUNICH, not something to be sniffed at for a club their size.

Nottingham Forest

Them beating Woolwich at the weekend reminded me how much I respect them as a club, as I said at the time, any club that can say they won back to back European Cups only 3 years after being promoted to the top division is an accomplishment to be respected, no matter how long ago it was.

Even now seeing them outside of the Premier League just seems strange to me, they're a club I mentally associate with being in the top division.

Cardiff - local team and about a 20 minute walk from my house. Semi soft spot at most though - I enjoy watching a bit of live football there from time to time, but that's about it really.

Lille OSC - lived there and my house was literally a 5 minute walk away from the stadium, so used to go watch their matches regularly, even when they were almost going down 4 years ago. They also robbed Woolwich 72M for Pepe so that's a plus, even if I thought at the time that that was a great transfer.

Burnley - You hate Burnley only twice, when Tottenham play them. Proper shithouses that give everyone a hard time, hope they never get relegated.

Ajax - If you're a Spurs fan you should have a soft spot for them. (Even if some twats were unbearable when we played them in 2019).

I normally would also like big clubs to return to the Premier League, but I don't have a soft spot once they're here. So as long as clubs like Leeds, Villa, Sunderland, Pompey, Forest, Derby etc. are/were down, I'd always want them to come back up to the Premier League.

I've always preferred Concord Rangers myself

New school upstarts. :angryscouser:

;)

When we were kids we'd play all our finals and tournaments at Park Lane.. I love the ol' dump. It was like our Wembley.

Also: I'm Park Lane spurs...... Synergy. :ledley:

FC Schalke. Where i'm from, the Bundesliga was the most accessible league growing up. Before the Bayern dominance, those late 00's-early '10s Schalke teams were always great to watch.

RC Lens. I spent a couple semesters studying in France, friend I made there was a Lens fan, he brought me to 5-6 homes games. They were a 2nd division team at the time, but atmosphere there was great nonetheless.

Northampton Town lived there for 3 years in my twenties, befriended a die hard Northampton Town fan and he used to give me his Dad's season ticket when he couldn't make it.

Ended up doing a couple of away games with him too.

Always desperate for us to draw them in the cup.

Soft spot is different from second team IMO.

Second team you might watch every now and again e.g. a local non or lower league club, or somewhere you have a historic tie to for some reason. Hitchin Town, Bedford Town for me as local non league clubs growing up. Would watch them and support them but Spurs always take priority.

Soft spot is just a team you don't find that offensive or admire for the way they do things - ultimately you don't give a shit and no geographic or historic links needed. Teams like Brentford, Nottingham Forest, Derby, Sheffield Weds, Union Berlin for me.

Back
Top Bottom