OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mane has scored against Woolwich, LCFC , Hull, WBA, Watford, Bournemouth and Everton.
Failed to score v Spurs, Man U and Chelsea
He's scored once against teams in the top 6 yet they haven't played Man City yet.

Also scored 2 goals against Liverpool for Southampton last season, scored against Chelsea too, Hattrick against Man City last season too.

Ain't it marvellous - you make one comment about not wanting a player at Spurs and the Chuckle Brothers jump in quoting stat after stat about this and that as though no one else is allowed an opinion.
I wouldn't want him at Spurs because at £150k a week I think that's beyond laughable and also I hate his antics. Glad we dodged him to be honest.

I tend to make a judgement by watching the game instead of thinking the be all and end all is what's written on a bit of paper by some spotty teenage kid..

A player can play crap all game but knock a 1 yard open goal tap in and on paper that looks like he had a great game,
my own favorite, from 2014/15:

Coutinho-Sigurdson.jpg

ive seen the complete set, with attemped dribbles, shooting % etc and siggurdson beat him hands down on every one.

who would most people choose of they were told we could have one or the other?

my own favorite, from 2014/15:

Coutinho-Sigurdson.jpg

ive seen the complete set, with attemped dribbles, shooting % etc and siggurdson beat him hands down on every one.

who would most people choose of they were told we could have one or the other?
Assists can come from crosses from set pieces. If you take them all, like Ozil for instance, you'll invariably get more assists. It can make a player look better on paper, unless you watch them week in week out.
For instance Lamela assists I think all bar one cane from open play.
I think key passes or chances created is a really important stat for a midfielder.

We're half way into the season. What's everyones team of the season so far?

Pickford
Walker - van Dijk - Luiz - Rose
Kante
Sanchez - Lallana - Coutinho - Hazard
Costa
I'd probably go with that. Can't believe Luiz is in there but it's hard to put anyone above him. Best defence in the league, not made one defensive error and looks a completely different animal under Conte. Walker and Rose are a given for their sheer importance to our team. Kante due to his importance too. Front five pretty much write themselves. Can't think of anyone who deserves to be in the team over them based on the season so far.

Pickford needs a world class goalkeeper coach to iron out his weaknesses... not sure if he is getting that at Sunderland. He'll be a shoo-in for first choice England goalkeeper. Joe Hart can piss off.

Good thing is Sunderland's defending is horrible, so he'll get plenty of practice during games.

We're half way into the season. What's everyones team of the season so far?

Pickford
Walker - van Dijk - Luiz - Rose
Kante
Sanchez - Lallana - Coutinho - Hazard
Costa
I'd probably go with that. Can't believe Luiz is in there but it's hard to put anyone above him. Best defence in the league, not made one defensive error and looks a completely different animal under Conte. Walker and Rose are a given for their sheer importance to our team. Kante due to his importance too. Front five pretty much write themselves. Can't think of anyone who deserves to be in the team over them based on the season so far.

Think I might pick de bruyne over coutinho. I've not seen much of Southampton this season but has van dijk been better than Cahill or vertonghen?

Watching Roma vs Chievo on BT Sport.

It's no wonder the stadiums are so empty. God, Serie A is dull to watch.

Also no wonder Fazio, Vermaelen and Chiriches can get a game.

Why oh fcuking why are our fixtures all over the place during the festive period?

Last season we fell under the pressure of catch-up and again we are being asked to watch what other teams do and then asked to match them.

Palace leading away at Watford.

Nice to see them get in a competent manager and hopefully pick up some form right before theyre about to play Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom