OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not at their best but wins for City, Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool. Three of which have new managers in charge.

People can say what they want about gary Neville but when has an opinion, I wanna listen, so much knowledge of the game, intelligent thoughtful great insight

Klopp is a very good manager but so are Mourinho and obviously Guardiola. Pochettino still has to prove a certain point but yesterday was very important.

Very few agree with me but we lack pace on the one hand and enough options but the biggest issue is character.

That's why we finished 3rd in a 2 horse race.
How was it a two horse race? What was the nearest we were to LCFC in points, 2?
12 games into the season we were 5 points off Man City and Woolwich at the top.
18 games in we were 6 points behind LCFC in 4th.
24 games into the season were were 5 points off LCFC in 3rd.
We only came into the race 26 games into the season when we were 2 points behind them in 2nd .
By the 28th game were were 3 behind
by 30 games we were back to 5 behind.
So really it wasn't a two horse race. It was for about the last 9 games of the season as Woolwich were still in it up until then .
We were then the only realistic challengers then and we still had to rely on them to drop points.

Last edited:
People can say what they want about gary Neville but when has an opinion, I wanna listen, so much knowledge of the game, intelligent thoughtful great insight
He seems to be a little more reserved now though don't you think.
Like he's very conscious of saying stuff because people may say what the fuck do you know you are a failed manager.
How did Costa stay on the pitch tonight. I suppose it would have spoilt the narrative to send him off.

Back
Top Bottom