Other matches fred 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another game where one team just chucks 11 behind the ball, Best league in the world.

Genuine question, but don't the La Liga minnows do similar vs Barca, RM etc.?

It sucks to watch, but if you're blatantly out-gunned why commit footballing suicide?

Cunts like Moanin'-Ho are another story, mind.

Is there any team ever that is given game after game illegal goals in the last few minutes?

It almost makes you believe in bribery and conspiracy theories.
Was trying to explain to my non-football watching friend just now about how jammy Woolwich are and how many dubious decisions they get in their favour.

It just made me sound bitter/like a conspiracy theorist. Is there any way to show a layman how lucky they are?
:pochfacepalm:
And just as I typed this, I received a text saying " Power shift ?" with a stupid yellow face with tears coming out of its eyes.. As I said - Predictable.
You should tell them it must be nice to be able to rotate players midweek in the Europa League. After all, they must have played the kids to lose to one of the worst teams in Germany... right?
:levystare:

I read on BBC yesterday that they only get punished if their team gains from it

Which is bogus as fuck.... The oppo get no protection and the cheater's team still reaps the rewards of the transgression.

It's just punishment in the name of being a deterrent; which rarely works...

You think teams only do this in the PL?

Also, so what? Often these sides are playing against teams packed full of stars and great attackers, some of which are 'worth' more than their entire team. Be a bit naive to go gung-ho against them don't you think?
Genuine question, but don't the La Liga minnows do similar vs Barca, RM etc.?

It sucks to watch, but if you're blatantly out-gunned why commit footballing suicide?

Cunts like Moanin'-Ho are another story, mind.

I’m sure other leagues do it too. It’s just something I really hate to watch. Even if we’re playing someone superior I’d rather we went down having a real go than watching boring negative shite.

Sooner video technology is brought in the better.
Video technology would have confimed that Ramsey was pushed, it was pretty clear in the final replay angle.

Enough to go over? I've no idea and no technology can prove that one way or another. But there was contact, the fact the player barely protested it will tell you that.

I would have wanted one of our players to go over with that contact and would have howled at the internet had it not been given

Which is bogus as fuck.... The oppo get no protection and the cheater's team still reaps the rewards of the transgression.

It's just punishment in the name of being a deterrent; which rarely works...

I haven’t seen it but I read that Ramsey dived? Wins the game for his team who would’ve drew without that dive. Dock them the points in that case, a ban isn’t going to stop them.

Priceless from wenger.
“When you speak to him, he didn't throw himself on the ground. He said he wanted to go back and flick on the ball. He was pushed in the back, he has a problem in his neck from the push. He said it was a very strong push.”

So Ramsey has got whiplash from that “push”?

:dembelelol:

:vdvdive:

"When you speak to him"

Cause of course he's going to admit he dived now it gets you a two game ban...

I’m sure other leagues do it too. It’s just something I really hate to watch. Even if we’re playing someone superior I’d rather we went down having a real go than watching boring negative shite.

I have to be honest here I didn't see. No, not in an Arsene Wenger way but I didn't actually watch the match nor the incident in question.

Also, where did they get 8 minutes injury time from? Was Ben Foster time-wasting in that match as well? ;-)

Likewise, but that's a different criticism.

Good on Huddersfield... I hope it works.... And as much as it chokes me to say, WBA too... We'd be lauding Pullis if he got one over on the Scum.

Was trying to explain to my non-football watching friend just now about how jammy Woolwich are and how many dubious decisions they get in their favour.

It just made me sound bitter/like a conspiracy theorist. Is there any way to show a layman how lucky they are?
:pochfacepalm:

I feel your pain... Makes me feel like a right 'tin hat' case.

You should tell them it must be nice to be able to rotate players midweek in the Europa League. After all, they must have played the kids to lose to one of the worst teams in Germany... right?
:levystare:

Tou-m'fockin'-che!

OFF-TOPIC: Anyone else hearing Dean Saunders talking about Rooney on TS atm..... FFS!!!!
:pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm:

Guardiola was screaming for a penalty on Kompany in the first half - if I were him I'd be a little bit embarrassed relying on decisions against a team with a budget as small as Huddersfield.

Sounds like they're playing with a whistle wielding 12th man too.

Back
Top Bottom