Other matches fred 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And part is our fault. Had we just held on last week or won a winnable game, the pressure would have built on Chelsea.

On such things seasons can turn.

I just hope we respond positively today.
We gifted them 3 easy points last week thanks to Wanyama. Nevertheless they would still batter this mediocre Everton even if we smashed them 5-0 last week.

Unfortunately we won't face this Everton they will much better by then.

It's a spursy thing we always face our opponents at their best.
I've noticed in the last couple of seasons that they'll ship 3 or more goals against worse teams then somehow turn up against us and have a defence like a brick wall.

Fuck knows why. The number of teams who seem to save their best for playing us is excruciating.

This is why bringing in upwards of 7 players in one season dosen't work they need time to gel

Your correct although that is to say buying 7 players and playing them like what we did after the Bale sale.

With Sanchez, Barkley, Aurier, Foyth and potentially Sessegnon, Sancho and a mystery attacking been rumoured we could get 7 players the time our window is done (probably not but in theory) but as we already have a decent first 11 any new players could be introduced at our pace.

Issue with Everton is that they don't have a decent first 11 and therefore need to use their new buys straight away, hence the issues.

We gifted them 3 easy points last week thanks to Wanyama. Nevertheless they would still batter this mediocre Everton even if we smashed them 5-0 last week.

Not so sure mate.

Look, I think once again the difficulty of playing Thursday/Sunday should not be underestimated but I think we lifted a bit of pressure off Chelsea and with that they may not have been as confident today.

But Thursday/Sunday and on a rare hot day is hard going in my opinion.

Wenger has lost his marbles. Benched his record signing to play Welbeck as the striker. No matter only playing Liverpool.

Lovren, Moreno, Karius all playing and benched Lacazette. Gone senile I swear.

Your correct although that is to say buying 7 players and playing them like what we did after the Bale sale.

With Sanchez, Barkley, Aurier, Foyth and potentially Sessegnon, Sancho and a mystery attacking been rumoured we could get 7 players the time our window is done (probably not but in theory) but as we already have a decent first 11 any new players could be introduced at our pace.

Issue with Everton is that they don't have a decent first 11 and therefore need to use their new buys straight away, hence the issues.
Indeed. No matter who we end up buying before the deadline, our team's spine will not be changed majorly in the short term.

Sanchez will probably be a first choice CB in the back three... but other than that, we're not going to see a first choice CM or striker come through the door. All our signings will have to play their way into the squad rather than being bought for an immediate impact.

Everton, on the other hand, have been bringing in an entirely new spine (Pickford, Keane, Klaassen, Rooney, new strikers) which is going to be far more unstable between now and Christmas.

Wenger knows he'll be 0-3 by half time, he can then sub welbeck with lacazette when pool's defenders are tired and win it 4-3, genius ropadope tactits

Back
Top Bottom