Other matches fred 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They were diabolical and a special mention for Everton who slipped though the cracks today, poor as well, we are fighting liverpool for top 4, Woolwich are toast

Looks like being:

Man Utd/Man City
-----------------
Chelsea/Liverool
-----------------
Tottenham
-----------------
Everton/Woolwich

Looks like being:

Man Utd/Man City
-----------------
Chelsea/Liverool
-----------------
Tottenham
-----------------
Everton/Woolwich

Yeah it's along those lines but I would put Liverpool in with us, Klopp finished a fair few points behind us last year and they were right up there at Christmas, like the club itself they all get too emotional and over excited then that weak defence get exposed while we get better, will be tight

Would be superb to finish above them then I think Levy will loosen purse strings when it makes sense going into new ground

Looks like being:

Man Utd/Man City
-----------------
Chelsea/Liverool
-----------------
Tottenham
-----------------
Everton/Woolwich
This time last year it was City and Liverpool that everyone thought was unstoppable.

When the logjam of fixtures hits some or all of the above will find their form starting to suffer. It's WAYY too early in the season to start calling favorites.

This time last year it was City and Liverpool that everyone thought was unstoppable.

When the logjam of fixtures hits some or all of the above will find their form starting to suffer. It's WAYY too early in the season to start calling favorites.

Oh no doubt it'll change throughout the season.

This Fish This Fish Hello mate, Boooooooooooooooooo

XzK2Pl.gif

Alright mate?

What's good for the goose, and all that.

Alright mate?

What's good for the goose, and all that.

I don't get it fishy old boy. If posting up a draw is where you get your rocks off kind of only emphasises the depths of your misery and sadness. Come back when we've been thumped if that pleases you but please try not to act too small time whilst walking off to Tottenham drawing a football match.

I enjoyed watching your win over the worst team in the league at the weekend, despite mild boos at half time looked like even you lot had some fun. Ironic though that by beating them you have just accelerated the departure of your beloved waiter, as Bilic looks like he'll soon be off with Benitez replacing him.........funny old game.
eE9xqsP.jpg

I don't get it fishy old boy. If posting up a draw is where you get your rocks off kind of only emphasises the depths of your misery and sadness. Come back when we've been thumped if that pleases you but please try not to act too small time whilst walking off to Tottenham drawing a football match.

I enjoyed watching your win over the worst team in the league at the weekend, despite mild boos at half time looked like even you lot had some fun. Ironic though that by beating them you have just accelerated the departure of your beloved waiter, as Bilic looks like he'll soon be off with Benitez replacing him.........funny old game.
eE9xqsP.jpg
'boos at half time', 'Benitez going to West Ham' You are a wag, aren't you. :dembelelol:

West Ham were absolutely terrible, fwiw. Dunno if they named a changed side due to injuries or suspensions (other than Arnautovic) but if that's roughly their best side they're in big trouble. We're bang average and simply by working harder than them we were comfortably better than them.

Noble is a sub-Colback level of player going off that showing. Their defence is shambolic, Hart is shit and they've no midfield either.

They either need to buy some quality, change their system entirely, or change their manager. Which is a shame, because I like Bilic. They've got Huddersfield next, a high pressing, confident, pest of a team, then West Brom. They could honestly go 5 league games without a win.

'boos at half time', 'Benitez going to West Ham' You are a wag, aren't you. :dembelelol:

West Ham were absolutely terrible, fwiw. Dunno if they named a changed side due to injuries or suspensions (other than Arnautovic) but if that's roughly their best side they're in big trouble. We're bang average and simply by working harder than them we were comfortably better than them.

Noble is a sub-Colback level of player going off that showing. Their defence is shambolic, Hart is shit and they've no midfield either.

They either need to buy some quality, change their system entirely, or change their manager. Which is a shame, because I like Bilic. They've got Huddersfield next, a high pressing, confident, pest of a team, then West Brom. They could honestly go 5 league games without a win.
Yep, we've had a fantastic couple of years watching the circus both on and off the field (if you have a spare month I recommend reading the West Ham thread in here, it is a best selling comedy sit com in the making) made even better as the jokes are magnified as it coincides with their attempts at "winning the League".

The other thing it shows is how much shite the entire football media talk. All of us looked at their signings and thought they were shit, old, slow, some guilty of all three, yet the media to a person has stuck to how amazing their transfer business has been. Our only issue is 80% of the time we play them they are bang up for the game as it is their only 'big game" of the year, they raise there game to a higher level, last year being a classic example, when we went to their place at the end of the season that was the only game in which they bothered to turn up all year.

IMO This league rewards a club that works hard and has a formula and or plan. Clubs that don't have a shape, an identity to their game will go down. Benitez looks to have you lot organised, you look to have a plan and most importantly your players are working hard. I'm most impressed with the lad Lascelles, he first caught my eye off the field when I heard him interviewed after a game you had lost a couple of years ago. He talks like an old pro who's been around the game for years. He can play a bit too but in a game where there a few old school leaders on the pitch he is a real throwback.

Yep, we've had a fantastic couple of years watching the circus both on and off the field (if you have a spare month I recommend reading the West Ham thread in here, it is a best selling comedy sit com in the making) made even better as the jokes are magnified as it coincides with their attempts at "winning the League".

The other thing it shows is how much shite the entire football media talk. All of us looked at their signings and thought they were shit, old, slow, some guilty of all three, yet the media to a person has stuck to how amazing their transfer business has been. Our only issue is 80% of the time we play them they are bang up for the game as it is their only 'big game" of the year, they raise there game to a higher level, last year being a classic example, when we went to their place at the end of the season that was the only game in which they bothered to turn up all year.

IMO This league rewards a club that works hard and has a formula and or plan. Clubs that don't have a shape, an identity to their game will go down. Benitez looks to have you lot organised, you look to have a plan and most importantly your players are working hard. I'm most impressed with the lad Lascelles, he first caught my eye off the field when I heard him interviewed after a game you had lost a couple of years ago. He talks like an old pro who's been around the game for years. He can play a bit too but in a game where there a few old school leaders on the pitch he is a real throwback.

So much of the nonsense you hear on Soccer Saturday, talkSport, 606 and the rest. Not just from the numpties that call the radio shows, but some of the ex-pros talk utter shit. Simple stuff like not doing basic research on new managers like Silva, or players. Up to this obsession with there being too many foreigners in a squad.

I stick to podcasts and blogs these days, most of them aren't ex-pros, they might not even be professional journalists. But they're passionate, informed and educated which always trumps some 90s professional who gets "played 95 top flight games for Aston Villa" under their gormless mug on Sky Sports News.

Absolutely agree the key to success (whatever that looks like for each club) is being committed to a clear system/plan. That's why we went down twice, that's why Villa went down, and so on. Sometimes it's not enough, but you've only got to look at clubs like Stoke and West Brom. Came up, played their way and survived while others clubs have come and gone. Woolwich haven't adopted their system to react to the changes in the opposition, Man Utd evolve and evolve often and that's why they've been able to compete at the right end of the table for the majority of my life.

re: Lascelles, he's a great character around the club and was useful in the 2nd flight, but he's basically a clever Steven Taylor; strong, committed, brave, but limited and prone to a costly error. He's young, and may improve but I wouldn't expect him to often play ahead of Clark, Lejeune (or the resurgent Mbemba). There were rumours that Chelsea were having a look at him in January, and I think in hindsight replacing him then would have been good business.

Predicted whoever lost out of Newcastle and West Ham was certain to go down. So that's one space filled.

The other two... So many candidates. Newcastle could well fill another one. They were seriously poor against us and if we weren't having our traditional slow start to the season we would have smashed them. Brighton will definitely be there. Watford. It's essentially the bottom half of the league scrapping not to finish in two places. (West Ham are gone.)

Back
Top Bottom