Other matches fred 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why did he even play Livermore.
Could have put Chamberlain in there really.
Didn't need a completely defensive, sideways and backwards passing midfielder did we.

Doesn't HENDO's skin look good.

Nivea knows how to treat a lady.

That England performance was woeful. The players want to play for their country, I get that but as a team they give the impression they've had to cover the night shift of their day off.

Bertrand scores his first goal for the national team, a 25 yarder no less! To "celebrate" he wipes his face.

The sense of Deflation around the whole team (Harry showed enthusiasm as he scored as he always does. Love that guy) there just doesn't seem to be any real leaders in the national team, I bet that dressing room is quiet. We haven't shown what we can really do for far to long now. Were great at papering over the cracks but we just need to get at someone and really put in a performance and win 7/8 or 9-0 a real level of intent rather that struggling till the second half to take the lead at a team "ranked" 190 in the world.

I guess it's more the fact that it's Malta.

You score a goal in which the majority of top level goalkeepers would save and you probably don't feel right celebrating it, regardless of whether or not it's your first goal for your country. I mean towards the end of that game, it all got a bit too show boaty in my opinion.

Rashford taking the piss out of their part time defenders. Players shooting from distance trying to embarrass the goalkeeper. Not taking it all seriously really. Defence wasn't troubled. Joe Hart had nothing to do. Playing with two defensive midfielders.

If Betrand had scored that goal in a friendly against Germany and Neur made the same error, he would have celebrated like he hadn't before. You only give in as much as your opposition do and with Malta being shit, it's not much.

I guess it's more the fact that it's Malta.

You score a goal in which the majority of top level goalkeepers would save and you probably don't feel right celebrating it, regardless of whether or not it's your first goal for your country. I mean towards the end of that game, it all got a bit too show boaty in my opinion.

Rashford taking the piss out of their part time defenders. Players shooting from distance trying to embarrass the goalkeeper. Not taking it all seriously really. Defence wasn't troubled. Joe Hart had nothing to do. Playing with two defensive midfielders.

If Betrand had scored that goal in a friendly against Germany and Neur made the same error, he would have celebrated like he hadn't before. You only give in as much as your opposition do and with Malta being shit, it's not much.

Regardless of the level of the opposition you can only beat what's in front of you, if what's in front of you is beatable that's not our concern. It's not like we were Germany taking it easy on Brazil after the 7th went in because we were being too showboaty. We struggled to get off the mark for 50 minutes!

The players need to show they care when they score. Only the players can show the that the goals are important, that the games mean something.

At the very least run up to the fans that made the trip, and give them that moment. Show us at home that they care about the game and scoring for the national team. It just all felt flat as it has done in recent times.

I'm a big England fan and will defend them against the slings and arrows of most but that was turgid stuff (and I only saw the apparently better 2nd half).

From the 45 mins I saw, Kane clearly MotM, not just the goals and assist but was the liveliest player. Rashford was good too, the rest were a sack of wank really. I like Welbeck and he took his goal well. One of the Malta players looked like a 1920s film star. The trumpet cunt played the Triumphal March from Aida and I liked the bloke who ran on the pitch.

That Triumphal March...

Back
Top Bottom