Other matches fred 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a goal from young Woodburn. On his debut none the less,and at the age of 17!! Klopp is doing a fine job with him.
Apparently he's English and only qualifies for Wales through his maternal Grandparents or something. Sorry, but that shit really winds me up. But yeah, it was a great strike.

Apparently he's English and only qualifies for Wales through his maternal Grandparents or something. Sorry, but that shit really winds me up. But yeah, it was a great strike.

Me too. I could qualify for 4 but I've only ever supported England internationally. Of course I watched Spain with all the other kids and wish my American family well when the US do well but, ya know, you're heart's not in it in the same way.

I have an Irish friend, who, when I posited that the best Irish soccer team of my lifetime was the USA 94 team retorted, "most of them weren't Irish. How can you get behind that?" I see his point.

Really hard to watch Vinny.

Makes you wonder what the scouts really saw in him.

Always chasing the game. Never in the right position.

Hope something clicks for him soon

When did Netherlands turn so shit?

2011?

No decent goalkeeper coming through to replace van der Sar, van der Wiel not living up to his young promise after making bad decisions. van Bronckhorst retired. Not replaced Jaap Stam at the back. de Jong and van Bommel getting older. Sneijder's career slowing down (Really should have won the 2010 ballon d'or), van der Vaart winding down on his career. No striker to replace the likes of van Persie, van Nistelrooy etc.

Just one of those things that happen.

The fact that Janssen is leading their line is the sign of how poor they are right now. Moments of magic from Robben can win them games but too many young players thrust into the spotlight have never lived up to the expectations that were put upon them.

Babel, Drenthe, Maduro, Beerens, Zeefuik all players highly rated who never quite done it for the main team.

They DO have some promising young talent right now in Fosu-Mensah,, van de Beek, de Ligt, Kluivert, Riedewald, Nunnely, Kongolo, Vilhena, Tete, Karsdorp but they all need some first team football with their club teams and moulded into the national team and grow.

Last edited:
2011?

No decent goalkeeper coming through to replace van der Sar, van der Wiel not living up to his young promise after making bad decisions. van Bronckhorst retired. Not replaced Jaap Stam at the back. de Jong and van Bommel getting older. Sneijder's career slowing down (Really should have won the 2010 ballon d'or), van der Vaart winding down on his career. No striker to replace the likes of van Persie, van Nistelrooy etc.

The fact that Janssen is leading their line is the sign of how poor they are right now. Moments of magic from Robben can win them games but too many young players thrust into the spotlight have never lived up to the expectations that were put upon them.

Babel, Drenthe, Maduro, Beerens, Zeefuik all players highly rated who never quite done it for the main team.

They DO have some promising young talent right now in Fosu-Mensah,, van de Beek, de Ligt, Kluivert, Riedewald, Nunnely, Kongolo, Vilhena, Tete, Karsdorp but they all need some first team football with their club teams and moulded into the national team and grow.

It's a weird one I have said it before on here it's like Belgium got all the prime players from the region all at same time. Whereas the Dutch fell off a cliff after having all those players you mention and have massive had talent gap for these last 6 years

2011?

Beeing Swedish I'm quite happy they suck right now, and that when Lloris fucks up its with the national team.

We have Holland in the last game of the qualifiers and as it stands right now we can afford a 3-0 loss and still go through to the last qualifying round. And we have Luxemburg in the next game.

Back
Top Bottom