Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Marseille score with the last ball of the half. Payet catches a ball that the goalkeeper boxes out and puts it on Mitroglu's forehead for the Greek to put it in.

Good half. Marseille deservedly in front

Interesting second half.

Thauvin completely changed the game when coming on.

Haven't they always used a 433?
Valverde utilized a 4-4-1-1 for most of last season. With Messi as the secondary striker prowling behind Suarez.

On the topic of Thauvin it is a positive surprise to see him go from Newcastle flop to the lynchpin in Marseille's attack

Valverde utilized a 4-4-1-1 for most of last season. With Messi as the secondary striker prowling behind Suarez.

On the topic of Thauvin it is a positive surprise to see him go from Newcastle flop to the lynchpin in Marseille's attack

He was managed by Steve McClaren to be fair. Was 22 going into a new country and started a grand total of 3 league games.

I think he's definitely improved upon returning to the French league and think if he moved back to the Premier League he would do extremely well. He was absolutely ridiculous last season.

I saw them playing a hideous 4-4-2 last season in some CL games. With fucking Paulinho on the right side of midfield, IIRC.

Ouch.

Messi really did carry that Barca team at times last season.

He was managed by Steve McClaren to be fair. Was 22 going into a new country and started a grand total of 3 league games.

I think he's definitely improved upon returning to the French league and think if he moved back to the Premier League he would do extremely well. He was absolutely ridiculous last season.

Ouch.

Messi really did carry that Barca team at times last season.
I don't remember watching much of them in La Liga, but they were a shower of fucking shite against Chelsea in the CL. It just wasn't the type of football we've come to expect from them. The tempo wasn't right, they weren't as fluid and there was a serious lack of pace in the side.

I don't remember watching much of them in La Liga, but they were a shower of fucking shite against Chelsea in the CL. It just the type of football we've come to expect from them. The tempo wasn't right, they weren't as fluid and there was a serious lack of pace in the side.

They were horrible against Roma too.

Mentioned Thauvin elsewhere, when he went to Newcastle he had a rep as a party boy at Marseille. Last two years he really seems to have sorted himself out and grown up, has been absolutely outstanding last two seasons, he's a lot like Lamela, works hard off the ball and will get stuck in, but is also very productive, scores, assists, gets his head up. I think he'd do well if he moved again now.

25m for a 28yo Strootman is a strange bit of business for a club like Marseille. Good footballer, and will make a difference if he stays fit, but for a club who desperately need a striker, it's a big chunk of limited resources, that at 28 for an injury prone CM, they are hardly likely to recover.

Some big games on today.

Albania Women v Scotland Women
FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 Qualifier
16:00
BBC ALBA

Kazakhstan Women v England Women
16:00
BBC Red Button / BBC Sport Website

Northern Ireland Women v Slovakia Women
19:30