Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The World Cup winners?

They do play negatively, but it clearly works.

It's such an insanely talented team, I honestly can't remember an international team that is potentially this talented all over the pitch, but tactically, they are Pulis's West Brom. The Water Carrier won't even play proper full backs for fear they might venture into the opponents half and compromise his mission to fucking bore their way to victory. It's not winning, it's just losing with a winners medal.

It's such an insanely talented team, I honestly can't remember an international team that is potentially this talented all over the pitch, but tactically, they are Pulis's West Brom. The Water Carrier won't even play proper full backs for fear they might venture into the opponents half and compromise his mission to fucking bore their way to victory. It's not winning, it's just losing with a winners medal.

I’ll raise you Belgium. A team filled with great players, literally managed by Martinez.

I’d love to see France play more flamboyantly and open, but at international level these days it’s generally the more conservative teams that are successful. I’m struggling to remember the last truly exciting team to win an international tournament. Even Spain at their peak (and you know how much I admired their approach) couldn’t be described as exciting. Off the top of my head I’d probably have to go back to Holland in ‘88, or possibly Brazil in ‘02.

I’ll raise you Belgium. A team filled with great players, literally managed by Martinez.

I’d love to see France play more flamboyantly and open, but at international level these days it’s generally the more conservative teams that are successful. I’m struggling to remember the last truly exciting team to win an international tournament. Even Spain at their peak (and you know how much I admired their approach) couldn’t be described as exciting. Off the top of my head I’d probably have to go back to Holland in ‘88, or possibly Brazil in ‘02.

Germany 2014 ? Aggressive progressive. Spain 2010 Played great football. Maybe their brand of total possession football wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but at least it's proactive.

You don't have to be open, you can just at least be proactive, progressive or aggressive, either with the ball our without ball, France are just so passive and reactive. They don't even press the ball until it gets in their half.

Germany 2014 ? Aggressive progressive. Spain 2010 Played great football. Maybe their brand of total possession football wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but at least it's proactive.

You don't have to be open, you can just at least be proactive, progressive or aggressive, either with the ball our without ball, France are just so passive and reactive. They don't even press the ball until it gets in their half.

Apart from the Semi v Brazil, that Germany side bored me. It was a pretty tedious final too.

You already know my view on Spain. I loved that brand of clinical possession football, so personally I enjoyed it, but I concede that most people would find it to be pretty negative.

Apart from the Semi v Brazil, that Germany side bored me. It was a pretty tedious final too.

You already know my view on Spain. I loved that brand of clinical possession football, so personally I enjoyed it, but I concede that most people would find it to be pretty negative.

Finals are often tedious, too much at stake. But that German team was good. Tried to play football on the front foot throughout.

Think it may be the last days for Roy Keane and Martin O'Neil.
Looking at the players they have available I don't know if anyone else could do better.
Half the Wales squad now are very talented players aged 17-21.
If there are equivalent players in Ireland that don't get picked then maybe Keane and O'Neil have a case to answer. If there are no such players then the problem is somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom