Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm hearing he had a really really good game (Along with Paredes).
Don't know if it was the crispness of their articulation or the keenness of your hearing but you would be correct. Foyth was tight on a few plays that needed his intervention. In the last action of the game, and most won't pick this out, but he pulled a Toby-ish play and shepherded a '2 v him' out of danger with a man bearing down on him with the ball. Toby is one of the few, and hence good, defenders that concedes position while tightening the angle and denying options. Very nice play by him.

Paredes was good. Faster than I remember from Italy days. Wanted him then, wouldn't mind him now (assuming his all around standard is still high). This was a very South American (no geographical pedantry here) game. So I wouldn't generalize to the Euro game too much other than a player's technical ability.

Lo Celso should be of interest to the powers that be. Surprised he hasn't been thus far. Surprised any Argentine can escape our grasp unless it was to Simeone.

Gazza didn't show up on the team sheet.

So what you folks should be taking in is some of this Belize v Puerto Rico game. This is the stuff you been missing in life.

DsOXg46XoAEhuK7.jpg

Tottenham target Barella starting in central midfield tonight alongside Jorginho and Verratti.

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb - I want your best scouting tonight.

Pretty tasty midfield to be fair.

In all honesty, that whole team is pretty damn good.

Chiesa is a great young talent, Insigne is having his best season ever and Immobile is continuing his unbelievable form from last season. Defence looks solid too (Though always off seeing Italy with a flat back four these days).

Should be a good game.

Italy seems bereft of attacking midfielders. They have some half decent strikers, a great midfield, they desperately need some creativity and ingenuity in the front group.

Wonder if they could put Insigne at the top of a diamond.

But then they lose Chiesa.

Back
Top Bottom