Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Croatia goal was all on Stones, absolutely awful defending.

But you'll love what Dier does about 15 minutes later lol

Most international games have both countries flags on them. England just choose to have writing under the badge as opposed to the flags (like Croatia do)

Stones and Dier for the goal. Just got the next Dier fuck up (76 min), he does that at least once a game.

England just score. Ironic. They were much better first half and couldn’t score, we’re looking poor second half, and score.

Actually good to see the England lads so chuffed, as well as the Croatian boys looking gutted.. Means this new format does mean something to the international games.. Just need to cut out the shitty friendly ones now.

Just started second half. Bit disappointed with Croatia but decent first half forEngland. England have the same problem as Spurs, struggling to put a cohesive midfield together and they desperately need someone better than Dier to the lay that central midfield position.

You can see why Trippier gets picked ahead of Walker, who’s final third play is vastly better inferior.

The more I see of Pickford, the more I think he’s a fucking hung ho twat. Does some stupid things.

As I write Croatia score, poor from Dier.

Anyone know - CroSpurs CroSpurs ?- why Croatia have the English flag (and another one) on their shirt?

'Vastly better inferior' ...face palm...can't wait for your intellectual and informative rankings later...twat.
:dembelefingers:

Actually good to see the England lads so chuffed, as well as the Croatian boys looking gutted.. Means this new format does mean something to the international games.. Just need to cut out the shitty friendly ones now.
If England wins, this nations league means something otherwise its just shit ;)

So... England have gone from being shite to being one of the top 4 teams in Europe all in the space of an hour?!?

As a wise man once said - "It's a funny old game".
Could well be 3 of the 4 teams in the semis of this that were semi finalists in Russia. I guess that makes the summer look less like a lucky one-off.

The guys on SKY aren't even sure what it means to win the 4 team thing next summer!!
1f602.png

First off, you have to say this Nations Cup thing was a good idea, watching teams play meaningful games against similar level teams is so much better.

That was a decent game. This England are a breath of fresh air, and though they are far from polished, the intentions and exuberance are a massive step forward from decades of dross. They clearly still have midfield issues, they desperately need a central player to anchor the CM3 who is tenacious, but more dynamic, with more football in them than Dier, and who is better than Henderson, I’d like to see Cook given a go at it. Then get the two 8’s balanced either side. They have spells in games where they knock it about, but lack control and “balance” at other times.

Chilwell looks good going forward, but I’d have TAA or Trippier on the right, Walker was poor today, contributed nothing offensively and gave the ball away sloppily a few times.

I’d like to see Dier with Stones at the back.

Rashford is fast and dribbles well sometimes but too often fails to get his head up and make it count for something. Luckily there are some very talented AM’s coming through.

If England can get the midfield sorted, they can start to look like a serious team, because there’s a great bunch of attacking/creative players coming through to add to the likes of Kane, Sterling etc

Last edited:
I just love everything about this team. Southgate has some balls with those changes.

The only thing that bothers me about the current England team is hwhen we sit back when leading. If they can add the whole attack is the best form of defence mentality to their makeup, which ultimately comes from the boss then it's got a good level of potential running through it. We lack the players to play keep ball when leading but apart from that it has good levels of strength that can hurt teams

The only thing that bothers me about the current England team is hwhen we sit back when leading. If they can add the whole attack is the best form of defence mentality to their makeup, which ultimately comes from the boss then it's got a good level of potential running through it. We lack the players to play keep ball when leading but apart from that it has good levels of strength that can hurt teams

The team is developing, we're not the finished article yet we're getting there.

They'll definitely win a major tournament...or two.

Fuck the so-called Golden Generation, this is the real deal and every person that supports England should be excited.

Thoroughly enjoyed that, credit to UEFA for the Nations League thing. It looked a weird non-starter at first but it's been great.

I love watching England, as I've said before, an old-school Stretford Ender from the next village comes over, his United-mad son too sometimes. It's great to watch the national team with the shackles of club affiliations taken off. We have a fine time, good food and drink, lots of laughs, a non-Spurs football perspective.

Today was great, as Gareth said, essentially a quarter-final. Fantastic that all three classification possibilities were alive until the last minute or so, compare that to a meaningless friendly against say Austria with 10 changes in the second half and Wembley three-quarters empty on 90 mins.

Didn't hear it but loved that they played Three Lions at the end. Also massively enjoyed seeing that donkey Lovren progressively losing his shit towards the end.

Back
Top Bottom