Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuno? Don't you think his football is horrendously negative, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 ?
Nope. I think it's attractive. I think he's limited with what he was to work with (small squad) and he's predictable as a consequence. Plus due to lack of squad rotation (again small squad), his teams can play within themselves. But he's inventive, tactically astute, I like how they attack.

If he does this with say a bigger squad then I might retreat some of this. I base my judgements solely from what I've seen of him with Wolves in the prem. As a player and bar a vague recollection of him at Valencia I have barely heard of him prior to his appointment at Wolves if I'm honest.

But what I've seen from him and how they play, I like a lot.

I'm not saving the salvage job has been a roaring success.... You seem to be steering away from my point. Again, I'm not asking you to praise JM, but I don't see what there is to contest about me saying "review in the summer" given what little remains of the season.
I simply don't get the point of waiting until the summer. Nothing indicates an improvement in his 29 games + the football is shit. In an ideal world we should be changing now, use this time to get a new guy assimilated with club and players. Whilst not confirmed yet every indication is that there will be a very quick turnaround time from the end of this season to the beginning of next.

I am also acutely aware that if I were in charge then I doubt I could make the change now even if that's what I wanted, owing to the fact that those I would be interested to take over are probably all fighting for something at their respective clubs. Also, who would take over at Spurs in the interim? No DoF and no head of academy or a decent enough aspiring youth coach, as they've all gone.

Nope. I think it's attractive. I think he's limited with what he was to work with (small squad) and he's predictable as a consequence. Plus due to lack of squad rotation (again small squad), his teams can play within themselves. But he's inventive, tactically astute, I like how they attack.

If he does this with say a bigger squad then I might retreat some of this. I base my judgements solely from what I've seen of him with Wolves in the prem. As a player and bar a vague recollection of him at Valencia I have barely heard of him prior to his appointment at Wolves if I'm honest.

But what I've seen from him and how they play, I like a lot.

To me he looks like manager who has had a lot of time to get his team to play exactly like he wants them. This is his third year with them so you’d expect that to be the case because he is obviously a good manager. Can he take that on with wolves or will he move somewhere else. He has a great record there and got them winning straight off the bat in the championship being very consistent. He’s carried that on this season too. They are consistent. Are they exciting, I don’t think so, they are a well drilled machine though and the manager has to be commended for that. Hes pretty much in the perfect storm for himself there though.

I see Barcelona won 4-1 in the end, Messi with 2 assists.

38 games now this season for Messi and he's been involved in 51 games. Fucking martian.

check the KWP thread. He played very well. Not asked to get forward much but had one brilliant early cross into Ings that he missed. He made one error on a clearance that could have cost them, but for the rest of the game he was fantastic.

Good to hear. I watched the first and last ten minutes of the game. To be honest, going forward isn't what I'm worried about with him, I know he's pretty OK on that front, the defensive aspect was always the thing he needed to work at.

Good to hear. I watched the first and last ten minutes of the game. To be honest, going forward isn't what I'm worried about with him, I know he's pretty OK on that front, the defensive aspect was always the thing he needed to work at.

There were points where I think his positioning was a bit off, but you also have to take into account it is Man City, who make many a backline look average.

He will continue to learn. There was one moment where he tried to save a ball from becoming a corner and flicked it right into the 8yd box, but luckily it was called out already. Small things that with time will hopefully become less of a thing as he matures.

Can’t believe how little he has played at his age. One of the extreme cases that just really ticks me off. Skipp is right there with him.

Wasn't he one of the many names twitter jabbered about coming to us in January?
Nope. We were rumored to be after Sociedad's more senior striker, Willian José. At the time the Sociedad fans were not too worried since Isak found his form and murdered Real Madrid at the Bernabeu in the cup.

Nope. We were rumored to be after Sociedad's more senior striker, Willian José. At the time the Sociedad fans were not too worried since Isak found his form and murdered Real Madrid at the Bernabeu in the cup.

There were 4 or 5 names thrown about over the window; but he wasn't one of them....? Most likely way I'd have heard of him....

Leicester have won 3 of the last 4 games, but the wins were all at home. They have never taken a point at the Degenerates, and the last time Leicester beat Woolwich in London was 1973.

Vardy is back on from though, I tought Maddison was nearing a return?

Brodge has pretty good record vs the Scum so fingers crossed!!

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers says there are "big doubts" over whether Ben Chilwell and James Maddison will be fit enough to feature.

Ayoze Perez was forced off against Crystal Palace with an ankle knock but should be available.

hopefully Maddison makes it anyway.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom