Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps explain what "bottled" means on this occasion....

"Deserved", "worthy" means nothing in this conversation.
Hope you don't mind but not going to go over this game again in detail, nothing personal it's just I've left my thoughts in the match thread of this game.
:dierpochhug:

I'm saying that Utd outplayed us in 2nd half and as a consequence was, therefore, deserving/worthy of their equalizer.

Hope you don't mind but not going to go over this game again in detail, nothing personal it's just I've left my thoughts in the match thread of this game.
:dierpochhug:

Nee bother.

I'm saying that Utd outplayed us in 2nd half and as a consequence was, therefore, deserving/worthy of their equalizer.

Being outplayed doesn't mean to say there was no plan..... Back to square one... Not liking the plan doesn't mean there wasn't one.

Side note: I prefer it sexy too, but as I said earlier today I saw the post-Poch half of the season as a salvage job. I wasn't overtly concerned how Jose got the job done in the interim.

Him or the RB Leipzig guy would be genuinely exciting.

I'm relatively pro-Mourinho but must admit there's a growing sense of dismay looking ahead for the next couple of years.

TBH, my most immediate concern is I don't want JM buying players for a future he won't be around for.....

Go all in an commit to him or don't.... Having JM buy players in his image and then ditching him half way through next season is where any potential fuck up truly consolidates itself.

Nee bother.

Being outplayed doesn't mean to say there was no plan..... Back to square one... Not liking the plan doesn't mean there wasn't one.

Side note: I prefer it sexy too, but as I said earlier today I saw the post-Poch half of the season as a salvage job. I wasn't overtly concerned how Jose got the job done in the interim.
The plan went to shit, the plan was to control the game without the ball (this is Jose ball). We had no control in the 2nd half. There was also no reaction from him to change it.

This season for me was about seeing shoots of something to get behind, even if that's Jose ball. Whenever it's been deployed e.g against Utd first half or after the first 10mins vs Liverpool I've acknowledged this. If there were regular games occurring with this level of control, with us shutting teams out to aimless punts from 25yrs out I'd have confidence that a) he was coaching his way and the players were responding to it b) it should be working more frequently than a random one-half.

I was less concerned about results and more about seeing improvements.

The plan went to shit, the plan was to control the game without the ball (this is Jose ball). We had no control in the 2nd half. There was also no reaction from him to change it.

This season for me was about seeing shoots of something to get behind, even if that's Jose ball. Whenever it's been deployed e.g against Utd first half or after the first 10mins vs Liverpool I've acknowledged this. If there were regular games occurring with this level of control, with us shutting teams out to aimless punts from 25yrs out I'd have confidence that a) he was coaching his way and the players were responding to it b) it should be working more frequently than a random one-half.

I was less concerned about results and more about seeing improvements.

I guess that's where we've been fundamentally opposed.... 14th place was a pretty scary place to be for me. Ergo salvage and review in the summer....

TBH, my most immediate concern is I don't want JM buying players for a future he won't be around for.....

Go all in an commit to him or don't.... Having JM buy players in his image and then ditching him half way through next season is where any potential fuck up truly consolidates itself.

Him or the RB Leipzig guy would be genuinely exciting.

I'm relatively pro-Mourinho but must admit there's a growing sense of dismay looking ahead for the next couple of years.
Naglsemann for me, I'm a big fan of Ralphy too but would prefer Nuno over him. Marco Rose is another worth keeping an eye on.

The biggest doubt I would have with Naglsemann would be how he would operate at a bigger club without the support of a DoF.

Naglsemann for me, I'm a big fan of Ralphy too but would prefer Nuno over him. Marco Rose is another worth keeping an eye on.

The biggest doubt I would have with Naglsemann would be how he would operate at a bigger club without the support of a DoF.

Suprises me....

Organised, yes but dull as fuck to watch..... If I'm doing the picking then I want proactive football... Not Neuvo-Jose.

DOF: Get one the fuck in!!!

Yeah, if I was a neutral/this was a different team, I would probably place Mourinho about as low down the list as possible in terms of 'top managers to be in charge of a rebuild'.

In fact, his comments in interviews when he took the job (though he may have been fibbing) extolled the supposed quality of our squad and suggested it didn't need a mass overhaul.

I desperately want this fear to be proven wrong and for, say, a few bargain proven winners to be brought in and have everything 'click'.

I guess that's where we've been fundamentally opposed.... 14th place was a pretty scary place to be for me. Ergo salvage and review in the summer....
But were also only 3 points off 5th. Southampton were 2 points off the bottom having lost 8 and drawn two of their first 12 games! (They are now 2pts behind us!!!)

Suprises me....

Organised, yes but dull as fuck to watch..... If I'm doing the picking then I want proactive football... Not Neuvo-Jose.

DOF: Get one the fuck in!!!
I think Nuno's football is attractive. It does have a problem in that it lacks variety, which I think is because he might be limited what he can do regarding the squad size and player profile away from the first 13 players or so.

But were also only 3 points off 5th. Southampton were 2 points off the bottom having lost 8 and drawn two of their first 12 games! (They are now 2pts behind us!!!)

I'm not saving the salvage job has been a roaring success.... You seem to be steering away from my point. Again, I'm not asking you to praise JM, but I don't see what there is to contest about me saying "review in the summer" given what little remains of the season.

I think Nuno's football is attractive. It does have a problem in that it lacks variety, which I think is because he might be limited what he can do regarding the squad size and player profile away from the first 13 players or so.

Again, suprising, but hey....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom